Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV over insert stove

• 23-02-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

can you do it....or is there too much heat generated by the stove (solid fuel) that would damage the television hanging off the wall above it?

incidentally what power of a stove would one want to heat a room 15'9" x 13'9"

would 15kw be plenty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Cant comment on TV,

Re heating the room 15kw should be fine if it only has 3 walls:D, like a outside smoking booth

I have a 4kW stove in a room 30 by 13.5 by 8.5 high and it is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

i'm safe enough, there is a rof too. approx 15' high, its a room off the dining room with say the roof going up to the apex and rafters showing!!!

basically this

translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=fr_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.invicta-sa.com%2fimages%2fimages_chauffage%2fphotos_ambiance%2ffoyer_800_grande_vision.jpg

i'll actually probably have the tv in the corner with an L shaped couch!

bump....any help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mark1975

yep go with a lcd one the heat of the fire will mess up the gas on the plasma type samsung are launching one next week that fits flush on wall like picture unique patented bracket made of metal wire lg has got slimest in world pg6100 range check there website or theres a demo of it on u tube picture wise it great sound could be better bit of a marmite product design wise personally i think its the business

• Advertisement
Advertisement