Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving cert points question

Options
  • 23-02-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey all,

I am a repeat student and I know that if I got a C3 or above in any subject in the leaving cert last year and it is a requirement for a course it does not have to be repeated as long as I've done it once.

I am just unsure if my points from last year would still be valid and used say if the while thing went downhill and for some reason I got less points this year.

Shat im trying to say is for example:
    points 2008: 410
    points 2009: 390

Would my 2008 results be valid?

Thanks for any insight you can give me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

yeah, I'm pretty sure Colleges take your best results "from one sitting of the leaving cert".

Basically, if you take a gap year, and then apply for the CAO, they take your LC results from the year previous, effectively the same situation you're in I think.

The one thing you can't do is take grades from seperate years, eg. you get B1 in Geography and D2 in 2008, but get a B3 in Geo and a B2 in Physics in 2009. You cannot take the B1 in Geo in 2008 and the B2 in Physics in 2009, and use them to count towards the same points total.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sourcream

Thanks alot for the info man, reassures me a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah, your best points are the ones that count.
    Was afraid of the same thing myself!

Advertisement