Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgarading pda operating system.

• 23-02-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

If I bought a Pda running on windows mobile 2003 is it possible to update it to windows mobile 6. Does anyone know where to dowload the software and how to install it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Mr. Walker wrote: »
    If I bought a Pda running on windows mobile 2003 is it possible to update it to windows mobile 6. Does anyone know where to dowload the software and how to install it. Thanks in advance.
    If there is an upgrade available for your PDA you will normally only be able to get it from the manufacturers website and Microsoft tend not to get involved. I'd say though that you are unlikely to be able to go from WM2003 to WM6. I found it impossible last year to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 as the manufacturer (HP) didn't support it for my iPAQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The forums/wiki on www.xda-developers.com will have all the info you need. It also has links to the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

Thanks for your help. The pda model is 02 xda IIs. I dont know if you can upgrade it but I have emailed 02 so Ill see what they say, after all they should know.:D

Advertisement