Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Sites

Options
  • 23-02-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

What are the major video training sites you guys use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

member of pokervt for about 6 weeks. find it very good for heads up play and sngs. Some very good videos and advice. would recomend it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Only one I've ever been on is pokerswat and find it very good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stoko

for sng - sngicons.com for MTT pokerxfactor.com for mtt and cash stoxpoker.com

I checked all of them :-) and if you want good discussions (good forum) pokerxfactor.com is the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

deucescracked is quite good. You can sign up (with credit card, use a 3v if you're paranoid) for a free week's trial, go mad on the downloads (few hundred videos, c. 1 hour/70-100 mb each, or 30-40 mb mp4 format), then cancel your subscription before the week is up and they won't take payment.

I did it, works perfectly. I don't feel bad however as they have a lot of new videos every week, and an active forum discussion area which is a quite important part of learning from the videos, so they can leave themselves open to the above as they're confident that the level of service you download initailly will have you coming back to sign up proper, which I have done since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

pokertrikz.com has free videos which are quite good. Mainly micro stakes, suited more to beginners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

http://www.pokertrainingguide.com/

Have a look around as a few of them offer a 7 day free trial to try before you buy.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Thanks all.

I'm wondering if and why CardRunners is the "number one poker training site"?

I'm thinking of moving from there to one with no signup fee. It would suit my usage much better (none for months and then a lot in one month).

Cheers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

anyone tried pokerschoolroom.com? is it any good? its free and they give you $150 no deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

I joined cardrunners 3 years ago and found them very good for helping me beat 50NL within a few months. I then took a year off poker while travelling and when I started playing again could only beat 50NL marginally while still wathcing card runners videos. I then watched a video on deuces cracked which flicked a switch in my head and and increased my win rate, so overall I'd recommend deuces cracked as its cheaper to sign up. However if you cant beat 25nl, then cardunners have good videos on this level and lower these days..

Im also trying to learn PLO but I find the cardunners videos not great for someone starting off at the micro limits. Can anyone recommend which site has the best beginners 25PLO/50PLO videos. I am no longer a member of deuces cracked but I do recall vanessa seblst had a series but I think it was at higher limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

jpr1973 wrote: »
    .... I then watched a video on deuces cracked which flicked a switch in my head and and increased my win rate...

Which vid was this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

I cant remember who it was now and im in work so cant check that site now, but basically my problem was exercising too much pot control against the weak 40/5 type players instead of getting maximium value from made hands like top pair ok kicker.. the video basically told me to bet bet bet until this type of opponent tells you your beaten. This probably whole trues for the majority of players at 50nl...

I think it was the instructor who took on an english guy living in australia and moved him up through the limits.. it was that series or another series by the same instructor.. check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

jpr1973 wrote: »
    I cant remember who it was now and im in work so cant check that site now, but basically my problem was exercising too much pot control against the weak 40/5 type players instead of getting maximium value from made hands like top pair ok kicker.. the video basically told me to bet bet bet until this type of opponent tells you your beaten. This probably whole trues for the majority of players at 50nl...

I think it was the instructor who took on an english guy living in australia and moved him up through the limits.. it was that series or another series by the same instructor.. check it out

I've seen that one.
    Wilt on Tilt IIRC.
    Good enough series alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Donkathon banned for a few days.

Advertisement