Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pic in post

Options
  • 23-02-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have looked all over for a thread/post that will describe to me how to put a pic in a post rather than a link to the pic. I've found a few but none that make sense to the PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer) that I am

Can someone please give me a simple 'How to ... ' for this

Many Thanks
    Doris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

MintyDoris wrote: »
    PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)
    I've never heard that one before, it's rather good - must file it away for future use.

OK, this is pretty easy. When you want to post a pic in the thread rather than just link to it, when you're typing out your post, have a look at the icon toolbar just above the post window - it's a series of icons with B on the left and Spoiler on the right. The icon you want to use is slightly to the right of the middle - it's a yellow icon of a mountain and a sun - when you run your mouse over it, the text is "Insert Image". Click that, enter the web address for your image and that's all you need to do - it puts in the necessary code itself (it's an img tag if that helps).

Here's the icon you want:
    1postpic.jpg

Most forums allow you to put images in messages but some don't. In the forums where it isn't allowed, using the "Insert Image" button will just result in a link to the pic. There isn't a list of which forums allow it and which don't as far as I know so you'll have to suck it and see I'm afraid. It's worth mentioning that some people have embedded images turned off (like me) so all they'll see is the link anyway.

As per usual, if my instructions are as clear as mud, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Fantastic, thanks a million Sceptre! :D

Advertisement