Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have the norwegians won eurovision?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

I hate to admit this, but I think I know the answer to this.

The year Eimear Quinn won for Ireland, it was held in Norway, cos the lead singer from Aha presented it and he & Eimear did an impromptu version of Norwegian Wood together.

So, presumably, Norway won it the previous year.

Is it true that Aha represented Norway in the Eurovision before they became famous but they didn't get any points?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FoldedShirt

Don't worry, they're not using juries in the semi-finals so all the Western entries will be eliminated before the final. Expect the winner to be an example of the Balkan ethno-pop we all love so much.

Switzerland are sending a rather good entry (in that I can actually imagine this one being played on the radio). Such a shame it won't get past the semi-final:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

anladmór wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdndLFY3W0

think its a bit overrated..and by abit i mean its pure muck....look at the lyrics:rolleyes:

They won it with this

Lol @ Irish dishing out Eurovision criticism

eurovision-turkey-getty81178694.jpgireland_2003.jpgIreland-1002.jpgire_donna_joe_0.jpg
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dyflin wrote: »
    Lol @ Irish dishing out Eurovision criticism

I wasn't responsible for Dustin the ****ing turkey, and I doubt anyone else here was either, so if the song is a pile of crap, then we've every right to an opinion on it.

Norway's entry this year, is a pile of steaming ass. Anyone with ears can tell you as much. Still, at least it's not as bad as England's entry this year. :pac:

It's this simple, put in a good song, and win:

Advertisement