Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth whitening.

Options
  • 23-02-2009 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend anywhere to get my teeth 'whitened' in limerick.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »

Not very helpful. I think the OP was looking for a personal recommendation or experience of a particular practice.

I've used The Old Quarter dental practice before and found them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but I would get Crest Whitestrips instead of coughing up the cost that dentists charge. You can't get them in shops in Ireland but can order them on ebay etc. A dentist I know recommended them to me and laughs at how much people are willing to pay her for something they could easily do themselves at home for a fraction of the cost. They are quite like the whitening strips you can get in any chemist here but the results from the Crest Whitestrips are as good as the job any dentist could do for you. Dentist charges in Ireland are extortionary for the basic necessities that we need to go to them for (cavities etc), so I am totally against giving them extra cash for things I could do myself!

I recommend you do a little research at least. I know loads of people that have used them and nobody has been disappointed with the results. I constantly get complimented on my white teeth and people assume that I have had them whitened by the dentist until I tell them. I reckon the dentist that told me about them is kicking herself now!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Brian Mccabe in Raheen does it as well. I asked him about it told me last year the cost was over 400 euros maybe more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

KateD wrote: »
    I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but I would get Crest Whitestrips instead of coughing up the cost that dentists charge. You can't get them in shops in Ireland but can order them on ebay etc. A dentist I know recommended them to me and laughs at how much people are willing to pay her for something they could easily do themselves at home for a fraction of the cost. They are quite like the whitening strips you can get in any chemist here but the results from the Crest Whitestrips are as good as the job any dentist could do for you. Dentist charges in Ireland are extortionary for the basic necessities that we need to go to them for (cavities etc), so I am totally against giving them extra cash for things I could do myself!

I recommend you do a little research at least. I know loads of people that have used them and nobody has been disappointed with the results. I constantly get complimented on my white teeth and people assume that I have had them whitened by the dentist until I tell them. I reckon the dentist that told me about them is kicking herself now!! ;)

+1 for this, its insane to pay upwards of 300-400 quid to get your teeth whitened when you can do it yourself for less than 30, just ebay search crest whitestrips or go to crests own website and you can order them from there, pity these arent sold in shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

There is a great new place in the Parkway Shopping Centre. It is where the Spectra Photos unit used to be.

Not sure what its called but if you go there you can't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

alan1990 wrote: »
    There is a great new place in the Parkway Shopping Centre. It is where the Spectra Photos unit used to be.

Not sure what its called but if you go there you can't miss it.

i have seen this place and considered getting mine done here....

have u got them done there yourself ? were u happy with the results?

how much did it cost you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Advertisement