Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midlands Airsoft Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Have site big thanks to everyone involved made it a good day

P.S. Thanks Jerry for the brownies OMG WANT MORE!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

IMG_8201.jpg

ok let me discribe this as best i can, 09.30 A.O.N convoy rolls on the site follwed shortly by The Band of Hawks. by 11am both sides were ready to Rumble and oh my god did they. this started the most amazing day of gaming MAC has seen to date. wave after wave of attacks.

Oscar nominations for our farmers u guys had me in stitches. A.O.N what can i say as much as it was a pleasure to meet you all it was even more of a pleasure to watch you game, Hawks and Shadow Company fought like trojans taking every chance to attack and push A.O.N back.

A special shout out to the medics on the day you guys were excellent running ure asses off to help your comrades across lines of fire diving into cover.... thank to one and all for an amazing day and please come back soon

Brian hope your ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭A.O.N

TheDoc wrote: »
    What can I say that ahsnt been said before.

AgainMac proves why its the best site in the country. Fantastic stuff.

To AoN, I salute you. I'm a man who doesn't give respect, it needs to be earned. You were fast, you used tactics superbly and your honesty and banter was top class. A pleasure to play with, and in an enviroment like MaC, its just amazing.

The role play part was hilarious I loved it, lol @ chucks **** accent. I was particularly happy with me flanking your whole team and whiping them out, but you made up for it by brapping me when numerous times :)

A fantastic day and I hope we can see plenty more of each other on the field.

And o yeah, M60's are ****ing badass

P.S. Brian hope your ok, I'll hold smack talk till you instigate, cause you already know what im going to say ;)

Thanks Doc, I'm grand. Freaked that I had to leave but Tommy and Bernard weren't having any of me continuing to play and to be honest when two medics tell you to go to the hospital you go. But sure I'm grand anyway. Andy (The Scot) had a chest infection, Mat has Pluracy and Adam had to drive to the hospital so all and all I think the lads did great.

Dude, my M60 went half way through the first game. I was like 4 trees away from your base and I had three guys in my sites but was shooting air. (NEXT TIME)!

A truely great event with an amazingly great bunch of players (you guys aren't half bad at the banter either mind you).

Now to my understanding A.O.N won 3 games and you guys won 2, that spells a win to me by all accounts, also we were told that we are the first ones to ever properly defuse the bomb. Anyway (I'm gonna leave you believing you won) as siad we will be back, without a shadow of a doubt you will see A.O.N in Longford a lot from now on (god bless poor ould Longford what).

Stone.cold wrote: »
    Brian hope your ok.

I.m cool Stone, thanks mate.

Better safe than sorry I guess. I'm sick I had to go though, what a site.

I'm going to wake up at four in the morning shouting WHAT A SITE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

A.O.N wrote: »
    Thanks Doc, I'm grand. Freaked that I had to leave but Tommy and Bernard weren't having any of me continuing to play and to be honest when two medics tell you to go to the hospital you go. But sure I'm grand anyway. Andy (The Scot) had a chest infection, Mat has Pluracy and Adam had to drive to the hospital

Theres getting your excuses in earlly, then theres plain and simply taking it to the extreme. lol,

No mention of swine flu there huh? you might have got a bit of milage from that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Well im in now and showerd and gonna put the feet up after another
    cracking day down @ MAC
    to the AoN crowd that made it down Fair play to ya's
    played very well indeed

Brian mate hope your leg ain't to badly messed up

and last but not least
    what ever them BROWNIE things where i want to see more of that lol near ate the fingy's off me self they was that good

compliment's to who'm ever's missus made them

Now to my understanding A.O.N won 3 games and you guys won 2, that spells a win to me by all accounts, also we were told that we are the first ones to ever properly defuse the bomb.

Ok :D A.O.N won three objectives (and yes successfully deactivated the bomb without assistance, Very impressive) Hawk,Shadow Company compo won 2 objectives, Unfortunatly A.O.N didnt hold out long enough against wave after wave of attack and they lost the hostages - what does this say to me...... REMATCH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Gentlemen of MAC, a pleasure as always.

AON, cheers for the excellent gameplay and aggression, just what we need to test the Hawks defense skillz.

To the 6 or 7 aon lads, who walked into the pig twice, cheers for being good sports and deciding once wasn't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Jeebus, what a day!

There's not many superlatives I can hand down to The Hawks that I haven't used before except to say, it was fantastic to play with you instead of being on the receiving end!

I also have to say it was a highly, highly impressive debut in Shadowlands by A.O.N today! To have such a large group automatically buy into our way of doing things and to adapt to the conditions was very impressive, I do hope that we will see you over our way again soon!

Finally, I would heartily recommend become an airsoft medic as as alternative to gym memberships, except for sweating bug repellent into the eyes!

P.S. Moggser and Cheeky, I'll pass the complements onto the missus, will guarantee the future supplies of baked goodies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Great day lads. Top site.

Thanks to everyone for great play, and the MAC for the great welcome.

I'll wear DPM next time (unless I'm back in the autumn). Can't wait to play there in the winter.

OzCam wrote: »
    Great day lads. Top site.

Thanks to everyone for great play, and the MAC for the great welcome.

I'll wear DPM next time (unless I'm back in the autumn). Can't wait to play there in the winter.
    lol Ozcam it still wont work the place stays green all the time :D

i will post some pics tonight if i can the video will take a little longer didnt realise how much footage i got :D if anyone else has pics from today please send them to me also i will send originals out by email to the email addresses i have

Ok :D A.O.N won three objectives (and yes successfully deactivated the bomb without assistance, Very impressive) Hawk,Shadow Company compo won 2 objectives, Unfortunatly A.O.N didnt hold out long enough against wave after wave of attack and they lost the hostages - what does this say to me...... REMATCH :D

Ah dude, we took the rebel base in 18 minutes and they took it in 28 minutes (imagne if our team wasen't down two men at that game what?) COME ON, give me something lol.

Nah fair enough so. Either way what a day. You can put money on us coming back (soon) and we will bring the whole team next time. What a day.

That is the most fun skirmish I've had in over a year and a half. Excellent.

Eh, and we won but the rematch is so on!

Masada wrote: »
    Theres getting your excuses in earlly, then theres plain and simply taking it to the extreme. lol,

No mention of swine flu there huh? you might have got a bit of milage from that one.

Ah yeah but we still won more objectives and held the base for longer Tom, thanks for the help today by the way.

moggser wrote: »
    Brian mate hope your leg ain't to badly messed up

Nah I'm grand man. I only went because Tommy and Bernard were brow beating me into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

thats for the brilliant day today!
    it was by far the best outdoor skirmish ive had in ages!!
    i cant wait to get back down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I must say lads i throughly enjoyed myself.

After coming from Sennybridge last week I thought it would be impossible to top, or even come close to being as good as that, but today proved me wrong.

It was the best day Irish airsofting i have had in a loooooong time.

In that first base defense i was apparently hitting lads i didn't think i was, the honesty was top notch, it really was. I almost felt bad killing wave after wave you you the honesty was that high.
    Well, i didn't feel that bad;)

Also our Shadow Company team mates who we could always count on, great lads.

Amazing site, will definitely be back, no doubt about that.

Many thanks lads.

lol Ozcam it still wont work the place stays green all the time :D

Ha. I was thinking of snow actually. I don't do cold and wet, but cold and dry is fine. ;)

Though with the way the planet is heating up, we may never see proper snow in Ireland again.

OzCam wrote: »
    Ha. I was thinking of snow actually. I don't do cold and wet, but cold and dry is fine. ;)

Though with the way the planet is heating up, we may never see proper snow in Ireland again.
    have my snow suit sitting in the wardrope just waiting for it to come :D

I hope that wasn't the same wardrobe Brian dropped on his ankle. You may never see it again.

• Advertisement

Breaking News

At 11.00hrs e.s.t Federation Marines launched an attack on River Station 1 and successfully drove the rebel forces back across the border into the northern territory, after reports the rebels had taken Federation citizens hostage the Marine task force crossed the border, reports from the region state that the Marine forces battled the rebels all day and decimated the rebel hordes. this reporter also learned that the rebels executed the hostages.

Federation President Benny Lava has instructed his Judicial department to issue warrants for the arrest of the rebel leaders, in a statement to this agency President Lava said "tonight we can sleep safely in ours beds the rebel forces were crushed and our borders are once again safe"

*To be continued*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Guys thanks to all that attended today!:)
    Everyone played very well and most importantly played honestly!!:D

Playing alongside The Hawks, instead of against them was a pleasure.

AON you guys were excellent. Great teamwork and communications.
    You guys were very fast and took to the terrain with ease.:D:D
    It was a pleasure having you down to our wee little site!!

Looking forward to Part II...................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Something needs to be done about Benny Lava, he's a danger to everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Aslong as Aon are out of my gaf I dont mind

GERRROUT OF MY LAND!!!

Aslong as Aon are out of my gaf I dont mind

GERRROUT OF MY LAND!!!
    +1

And gimme back me prize pig and me subsidy cheque ya who-ers ya!!! :-P

Something needs to be done about Benny Lava, he's a danger to everyone!
    Watch this space :)

Breaking News

At 11.00hrs e.s.t Federation Marines launched an attack on River Station 1 and successfully drove the rebel forces back across the border into the northern territory, after reports the rebels had taken Federation citizens hostage the Marine task force crossed the border, reports from the region state that the Marine forces battled the rebels all day and decimated the rebel hordes. this reporter also learned that the rebels executed the hostages.

Federation President Benny Lava has instructed his Judicial department to issue warrants for the arrest of the rebel leaders, in a statement to this agency President Lava said "tonight we can sleep safely in ours beds the rebel forces were crushed and our borders are once again safe"

*To be continued*

The rebels will die!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Wow! What a day yesterday!:pac:

Shadow Company: It was awesome playing alongside you guys yesterday, much better than playing against you! I thought we made a good team together and we will just have to do it again - repeatedly!

AON: You were worthy adversaries and played with great skill and honour. I think you guys learned a few valuable lessons yesterday: like bring a packed lunch in future and there are no chippers open in the countryside on a Sunday afternoon!! LOL:p You guys are too used to having a Golden Arches around the corner from your site!!:D

Wow! What a day yesterday!:pac:

Shadow Company: It was awesome playing alongside you guys yesterday, much better than playing against you! I thought we made a good team together and we will just have to do it again - repeatedly!

AON: You were worthy adversaries and played with great skill and honour. I think you guys learned a few valuable lessons yesterday: like bring a packed lunch in future and there are no chippers open in the countryside on a Sunday afternoon!! LOL:p You guys are too used to having a Golden Arches around the corner from your site!!:D

True enough, next time I will bring a good sized lunch with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

A mahoosive thanks to everyone for yesterdays game. Stone-Cold, sir, you out did yourself again *doffs cap*.

Thank you to A.O.N. for being worthy adversaries. One of your guys remarked that it was only his second time playing outdoors. It didn't show.

Brian, glad to hear that the injury is not as serious as I suspected. I am happy to be wrong for once. Hope the recovery goes smoothly.

Now on a more seroius note:
    "WHO ATE MY COUNTRYMENS BROWNIES?

You come to my land, shoot my friends and family and hunt us like animals. I can accept that. It is war. These things happen. But to eat our brownies. I mean, what type of sick twisted individual does that?

We will have our revenge. WE WILL RISE. THE REVOLUTION WILL SUCCEED"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭derek s aon

have to say yesterday was so so good best outdoor game i have ever had. can't wait to get back down for more.

and sure we will give any team there a run for the money.

aon = 3 hawks = 2 think that says it all.

great team to play against tho looking forward to playing you's again.

~15 AON with hicaps versus 7 hawks with midcaps. OMG TEH PWNZ LOLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

aon = 3 hawks = 2 think that says it all.

Wildly inaccurate score but I enjoyed playing for both AON and the Rebels anyway.

Looking forward to another MAC outing soon.

Well done to Stone and the lads for a great day as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Don't tell me you're counting defusing the bomb as a victory?

Where we held you off, won the game, and then gave you the base and you just had to pull some wires?

AON 1
    Bomb 0, maybe.

Its like liverpool versus united in the airsoft world.

Hawks are united though, cause liverpool are over rated and live in the past.

>:P

Its like liverpool versus united in the airsoft world.

Hawks are united though, cause liverpool are over rated and live in the past.

>:P

Dude, you didn't just equate us to Liverpool. I thought we were friends.

I don't really care who technically won because Stone has already posted the continuation of the stroyline and I'm assuming you guys will be coming back to clear up any confusion yes (cause I know we will).

Again all of our team were saying to me that they would play against The Hawks every week purely because of the type of team you are (crap lol), an honest one and we are all really looking forward to gaming with you guys in M.A.C (or anywhere else) soon.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    A mahoosive thanks to everyone for yesterdays game. Stone-Cold, sir, you out did yourself again *doffs cap*.

Thank you to A.O.N. for being worthy adversaries. One of your guys remarked that it was only his second time playing outdoors. It didn't show.

Now on a more seroius note:
    "WHO ATE MY COUNTRYMENS BROWNIES?

You come to my land, shoot my friends and family and hunt us like animals. I can accept that. It is war. These things happen. But to eat our brownies. I mean, what type of sick twisted individual does that?

We will have our revenge. WE WILL RISE. THE REVOLUTION WILL SUCCEED"

Yeah it was great fun Tommy, can't wait to see you guys on the field again.
    Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Brian, glad to hear that the injury is not as serious as I suspected. I am happy to be wrong for once. Hope the recovery goes smoothly.

Yeah, you were right to send me off though. The doctor in Beaumont flipped at me when I told him how long ago it happened and what I was doing yesterday before going.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    ~15 AON with hicaps versus 7 hawks with midcaps.

You also had a load of The Shadow company (So all of you knew the lay of the land and it was our first visit), you yourself had an M60, a fair few of our team had mid caps and our M60 stopped working 10 minutes into the first game. You also had the advantage of being the defenders and I had to leave along with Adam to drive me and two of our other team mates were sick.

But sure who cares anyway, will you be joining us for the continuation yes?
    OMG TEH PWNZ LOLS

At the risk of sounding stupid what does this mean Dave?

OMG = Oh my god and LOLS = Laughing my ass off I know.

You also had a load of The Shadow company (So all of you knew the lay of the land and it was our first visit), you yourself had an M60, a fair few of our team had mid caps and our M60 stopped working 10 minutes into the first game. You also had the advantage of being the defenders and I had to leave along with Adam to drive me and two of our other team mates were sick.

But sure who cares anyway, will you be joining us for the continuation yes?

At the risk of sounding stupid what does this mean Dave?

OMG = Oh my god and LOLS = Laughing my ass off I know.

Man, I have a lot to learn about smack talk. OK, so they tell me that it shouldn't involve anything factual, it should all be made up.

YOU'RE A BIG FLOPPY DOG WITH EPILEPSY. TAKE IT.

• Advertisement

I leave the thread for one Day and looks at ya's you should all be ashamed of yourselfs ....................

I'm only joking Fight fight fight fight fight :D

Man, I have a lot to learn about smack talk. OK, so they tell me that it shouldn't involve anything factual, it should all be made up.

YOU'RE A BIG FLOPPY DOG WITH EPILEPSY. TAKE IT.

ROFLMAO, I bow down in awe of your smack power sir.

I leave the thread for one Day and looks at ya's you should all be ashamed of yourselfs ....................

I'm only joking Fight fight fight fight fight :D

Don't get me wrong I love the game but the smack talk rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

In fairness, AON had another major disadvantage on the day that you are not taking into consideration......

They were also lumbered with a GIRL! :D
    And not a very good one at that! Hahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

kimmyt1987 wrote: »

In fairness, AON had another major disadvantage on the day that you are not taking into consideration......

Kimmy that just isn't true!!!
    That is to AON's advantage.
    We all find the fairer sex very distracting.;);)

Rooky1 wrote: »

Kimmy that just isn't true!!!
    That is to AON's advantage.
    We all find the fairer sex very distracting.;);)
    Haha...Distracting?
    The only distracting thing was the boyfriends stolen black and white hoody running through the trees...
    Note to self.... Sent wishlist of full camo and a new mask (Its now lashed together with orange string I ripped from a tree) to Santa this Christmas! :)

A giant think you to Stone Cold and all the lads at MAC and an even bigger thank you to AON for letting me tag along for the day! You guys are true gents!!!

First outdoor skirmish and I'd be back in a heartbeat!
    Although I was slightly disappointed to come home with no new bruises or war wounds.... Haha... Maybe Im slightly sadistic! :D
    Ya wouldn't get that in the Warehouse!

• Advertisement

When the Band of Hawks return to defeat the evil Benny Lava and protect the local framers sheep from the unwanted advances of the Marines I hope they bring the bailer brigade with them :pac:

All joking aside I have to say I'm really looking forward to part two.

Guys sorry for the delay on pics and video im am downloading them as I speak

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Haha...Distracting?
    The only distracting thing was the boyfriends stolen black and white hoody running through the trees...
    Note to self.... Sent wishlist of full camo and a new mask (Its now lashed together with orange string I ripped from a tree) to Santa this Christmas! :)

When I came behind your lines in the first game taking out 8 of your team, I saw like 5 people to take a shot at, and I just saw the black hoodie and my rifle pretty much shot itself haha :)

Boy are you going to get it in the neck...

A small tip, for the good of your health, don't ever get caught in Mariel's, Jen's, Christina's or Rachel's gunsights. Especially Christina's, she has a habit of aiming for the most painful targets, knuckles for example.

Yup... Ah man I knew that was gonna happen but I'd been out on the Whiskey the night before and had to tear myself from my bed at half six that morning... I hadnt the energy to find more suitable attire! :) I didnt care. I knew Id be lashed outta it anyway!

I'm used to the Warehouse... Point blank, and running like the clappers at the enemy all the way..... We dont sit and hide much! :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement