Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta

• 23-02-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Is making your own pasta really that hard? I am good in the kitchen, but I am not into doing stupidily overelaborate stuff at home. However, it is something I look at sometimes and think "it's pretty similar to making passtry is it?"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

thebang wrote: »
    Is making your own pasta really that hard? I am good in the kitchen, but I am not into doing stupidily overelaborate stuff at home. However, it is something I look at sometimes and think "it's pretty similar to making passtry is it?"

Pasta is a type of pastry.
    If you're good with pastry (I'm not) then pasta would be no problem to you - even without a pasta machine.
    With the machine it's a doddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i'd say it would be pretty tedious without the machine, but with it, it's incredibly easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

If you have a mixer with dough hook you can make the dough very quickly. otherwise by hand is a little time consuming. I wouldn't dream of rolling the pasta without a machine though, they're a life saver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

A mixer and a pasta machine do make the job easy, but it's perfectly do-able without them.

Roll out your pasta dough as flat as you like with a rolling pin. Roll it up like a swiss roll, then cut slices to your desired thickness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I started making my own recently, got the rolly machine, its not hard at all, tastes about 700 times better than pasta from the shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

It very easy to do with the machine. A bit time consuming.
    The machine can be hard to clean too..but well worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Any ideas on where to get one of those machines in Dublin?
    Googled recently but didnt find anything that was vaguely affordable...

Advertisement