Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

value of a honda 450 quad

• 23-02-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

i was wondering what value a 2003 4wd honda 450 might have

my guess was three grand ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

Depending on model on condition you wouldnt be far wrong at €3000.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on the hours/mileage and condition the quad is in to be honest. 3k would be a good guide in good condition- if any work required- reduce this by a commensurate amount.

A lot of people are going for the 250s- there are loads of 2000-2002 models out there at around the 1500-2000 mark in very good nick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

smccarrick wrote: »
    Depends on the hours/mileage and condition the quad is in to be honest. 3k would be a good guide in good condition- if any work required- reduce this by a commensurate amount.

A lot of people are going for the 250s- there are loads of 2000-2002 models out there at around the 1500-2000 mark in very good nick.

why are people leanding towards the 250,s as opposed to bigger bikes , also , would a honda 450 be able to pull a half tonne quad fertilizer spreader

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

irish_bob wrote: »
    why are people leanding towards the 250,s as opposed to bigger bikes , also , would a honda 450 be able to pull a half tonne quad fertilizer spreader

Leisure usage- rather than farming. A lot of them have hit the market recently though (esp. from the UK)- there are some dealerships importing them secondhand to order.

The quad fertiliser spreaders I've seen recently would have been 450s/500s (the TRX500 being the most common). They'd have no probs whatsoever with the half tonne spreader.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Leisure usage- rather than farming. A lot of them have hit the market recently though (esp. from the UK)- there are some dealerships importing them secondhand to order.

The quad fertiliser spreaders I've seen recently would have been 450s/500s (the TRX500 being the most common). They'd have no probs whatsoever with the half tonne spreader.

you seem to know a bit about atv,s , do you have any experience with polaris , ive heard while harder on juice than a honda , they are a much sweeter ride , many believe the honda can be a bit agricultural in the steering dept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Howya Fixed

Hi im wondering which is the best fertilizer spreader to buy for my 420 atv?

wheel driven or motor? plus any ideas on makes etc?

Hi im wondering which is the best fertilizer spreader to buy for my 420 atv?

wheel driven or motor? plus any ideas on makes etc?

the engine driven one is better but at least a grand dearer , in or around 3 k

as for the ground driven ones , logic are good but expensive , so too achison , saw a new one at the ploughing called WALCO which looks good , they have them in three sizes too , 150 kg , 350 kg and 650 kg but since you have a honda 420 , your bike wont be able to pull a half tonne spreader unless you have extremley flat land so better focus on a 7 bag at most

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Howya Fixed

irish_bob wrote: »
    the engine driven one is better but at least a grand dearer , in or around 3 k

as for the ground driven ones , logic are good but expensive , so too achison , saw a new one at the ploughing called WALCO which looks good , they have them in three sizes too , 150 kg , 350 kg and 650 kg but since you have a honda 420 , your bike wont be able to pull a half tonne spreader unless you have extremley flat land so better focus on a 7 bag at most

ya i seen the engine one but as you said a grand dearer plus additional fuel cost for the engine, it a 420 4x4 (would it not pull the 1/2 tonne-not flat land either) plus sure ya dont need to fill the hopper! better having a big one than a small hopper
    ya got a price for the achison for 1900 which is neg and the engine ones are over 3k which is alot for using once twice a yr. have ya any contact for a walco, prefer the plastic hopper for wash and rust free for washing, will look at logic as bought the contact 2000 weed licker, mighty machine!!

ya i seen the engine one but as you said a grand dearer plus additional fuel cost for the engine, it a 420 4x4 (would it not pull the 1/2 tonne-not flat land either) plus sure ya dont need to fill the hopper! better having a big one than a small hopper
    ya got a price for the achison for 1900 which is neg and the engine ones are over 3k which is alot for using once twice a yr. have ya any contact for a walco, prefer the plastic hopper for wash and rust free for washing, will look at logic as bought the contact 2000 weed licker, mighty machine!!

aichison are a very well built and robust machine but your 420 wont be able to pull it if you pour in all the half tonne bag , trust me , ive tried it with a 450 honda ( had to leave aichison back after trial ) which is stronger and it failed on hills , you have to remember that its vital to maintain momentum when working with a ground driven quad spreader , if you loose speed , your not spreading properly and when you are labouring like you will when pulling a half tonne load with a 420 , you will labour , the aichison is much much heavier than the walco , its a heavier built machine , i think its a better built machine than the walco myself but the walco comes in three sizes where as the aichison only comes in one size , the aichoson also doesnt hold the half tonne comfortabley so even you had a huge bike pulling it , you would slobbery a little on hills with a half tonne , the biggest walco is a 650 kg so it can more than comfortabley hold a half tonne bag , providing the bike thats pulling it is strong enough , a hint if your considering going for a stronger bike so as you can pull the half tonne with no bother , honda are the most expensive 2nd hand so if you were to sell your 420 , you would most likely be able to afford the likes of a suzuki 700 with the money from the honda , im serious , check out done deal .ie every so often , suzuki or polaris are much much cheaper than yamaha and especialy honda and while the polaris is not the most reliable , thier is nothing wrong with suzuki , they just have not got the name that honda does and are therefore a lot cheaper 2nd hand ,a suzuki 700 or a 750 would pull an elephant

plenty to think of there , i will include the number of the dealer i met at the ploughing below , he is based in sligo

james coulter

071 9166698

ps , you mentioned that the engine driven one would be harder on fuel when you take into account the engine on the spreader aswell , it would take only a tiny amount of fuel to fill this engine which is no bigger than the engine on a power hose and thier would be less pulling on the bike as it would not be ground driven , also , if you just buy the chassis and engine , you could stick an abbey or cosmo hopper on instead of a vicon hopper which is double the price , most of the engine spreaders have vicon hoppers which drives up the price , you dont have the same fear of loosing speed with the engine driven ones as you do with the ground driven , they are more accurate and you can take the spreader of the chassis and stick in on your tractor anytime you like with little hassle , that said , you would only buy one if you were doing all your spreading with a quad , perhaps you have a tractor spreader also , in that case the ground driven would do for a few wet paddocks

Advertisement