Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinsteir Championship 2009

• 23-02-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Kilkenny dominating this for many a year.. i dare say the only time I have fun at these anymore is when Wexford win!! Kilkenny fans nearly do more celebrating!... but with the introduction of Galway and Antrim (correct me if im wrong) what way is this one gonna go... not just for the overalll winner, im talkin a discussion of the repruccusions this has for leinsteir teams.. it has the most counties of all the provinces, and now we're taking on free loaders!!.. With the prescence of giants such as Kilkenny and Galway, how will teams like Offaly and Dublin and Laois who struggle to get past wexford fair?? Surely this is very discouraging for them? or is it merely an incentive to better themselves and something which will ultimately do good.. can it be worse than kk winning year in year out with the occasional respite from wexford?? how willa antrim and galway adjust.. so used to winning every year, lets face it only galway of the two really pose a treath, and even then theres no guarantees!??? maybe more work should be put on improving mayo, sligo roscommon, donegal, tyrone etc etc at hurling.. this seems the short way out maybe???? No one can say for sure but life is about experiences and even if this gos horribly wrong, hopefully it will give us something to sweat over.,.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I don't know what the overall feeling was from Wexford/Dublin/Offaly supporters was about the enlargement, but I think deep down they'd know it's better in the long run. Take Kilkenny out of the equation and it's now a very competitive competition. Also, I think people under rate Antrim a little bit. They're actually a decent hurling team punished by a woefully unfair structure in the past.

It's hard to see how it'll go until the semi final draw takes place, but you'd expect Galway and Dublin to beat Laois and Antrim. Wexford/Offaly will be a tight game I'd say, but with the new guy at the helm for Wexford I think they'll sneak it by a few points.

That'll leave Kilkenny, Galway, Wexford and Dublin. As long as KK and Galway are seperated in the draw, I'll go for those 2 to compete in the final. I know some might say Dublin could take Galway in a semi final, but that might be a step too far for them.

But if we get Kilkenny vs Galway and Dublin vs Wexford semis, I can definitely see Dublin progressing to the final.

Advertisement