Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Broadband USB cable

• 23-02-2009 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Wondering could anyone tell me where to get a new cable for the o2 broadband. I was using the cable with the 2 usb ports but the wires got frayed and the device would disconnect if i moved the cable. even a ebay would be great.

At the moment i'm using my usb cable that came with my nokia n95, its the same connection. Only problem is since i started using it i've noticed that the connection will hang every so often and i doubt its a coincidence, it must be the cable. Also can you get longer cables incase i'm using it in a poor reception area? (could put it nearer window).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Any standard mini USB cable will do the job for you in my experience. You'll pick them up in pretty much any PC shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Cheers for that, just the word mini got me in the right direction.

Just wondering, from reading the descriptions of the dual power usb cables, there is no real reason for using them with the o2 broadband? it doesn't require that much power and only one usb is for data. So am i right in saying there is no point buying a dual power one like the one that came originally from o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

In my experience the dual USB adapter cable isn't needed. I think it's only sometimes when you've got an old laptop or something which might not provide enough power through one port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The modem power varies with signal. A single USB port officially only supplies up to 500mA. In a poor signal area you might need 800mA, thus a Y cable is recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

• Advertisement
Advertisement