Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hercules RMX

• 23-02-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a go at this?

I did'nt even know it had been released but it seems to be a bit more grown up this time. The last one had a real toy feel to ,but they have added a bit of weight and proper functionality to it now. There are a few clips on youtube.

Can anyone recommend something similar for around the same price?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

I have one, and its ... well great, jogs are a lil small, but VERY accurate, faders feel really good, latency 7ms in Traktor on my macbook.

As with almost any controller, default mapping out the window, and it does take time to get it the way you want.

All round, for the price i think impossible to beat seeing as it has a (half decent) soundcard built in.

I had a kontrol-dj + mixer combo before, the hercules does the same job in a smaller package, it doest quite feel as solid as teh KDJ (Alu vs' Steel chassis) but almost.

The ONLY real gripe I have with it is not enough knobbies or switches that can be dual layered as I could with the KDJ, and no endless encoders which I found really handy for key changing accuratly, now I need to use 2 buttons :() , i'll probably pick up a korg nanokontrol as an effects controller.

Oh one more thing, and i cant figure it, is I HAVE to use a usb hub with it or its picked up as USB1.1 :-S

Your other closest Alternatives are X-ponant, or Vestax controller probably.

EKS Otus looks AMAZING too if you wanna have a peek, its a "little" bit different though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

bohsboy wrote: »
    Has anyone had a go at this?

I did'nt even know it had been released but it seems to be a bit more grown up this time. The last one had a real toy feel to ,but they have added a bit of weight and proper functionality to it now. There are a few clips on youtube.

Can anyone recommend something similar for around the same price?

Cheers.

picked up one on adverts for 210 last week. there were at least two more being advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

deevey wrote: »
    I have one, and its ... well great, jogs are a lil small, but VERY accurate, faders feel really good, latency 7ms in Traktor on my macbook.

As with almost any controller, default mapping out the window, and it does take time to get it the way you want.

All round, for the price i think impossible to beat seeing as it has a (half decent) soundcard built in.

I had a kontrol-dj + mixer combo before, the hercules does the same job in a smaller package, it doest quite feel as solid as teh KDJ (Alu vs' Steel chassis) but almost.

The ONLY real gripe I have with it is not enough knobbies or switches that can be dual layered as I could with the KDJ, and no endless encoders which I found really handy for key changing accuratly, now I need to use 2 buttons :() , i'll probably pick up a korg nanokontrol as an effects controller.

Oh one more thing, and i cant figure it, is I HAVE to use a usb hub with it or its picked up as USB1.1 :-S

Your other closest Alternatives are X-ponant, or Vestax controller probably.

EKS Otus looks AMAZING too if you wanna have a peek, its a "little" bit different though.

Thanks very much for the info, very good of ya.
    Alright, decision time, if you had the money Hercules or Xponent?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

sweetie wrote: »
    picked up one on adverts for 210 last week. there were at least two more being advertised.

Saw that, was about to come in with an offer of 215 but decided to wait. :)You got it at a good price, they are going for a lot more on ebay.

Advertisement