Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

updating wordpress method?

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

the new version of wordpress allows updates from the wordpress admin console, I've been using installatron to do updates since starting up over a year ago.

which is the perferred/supported of updating wordpress?

1) installatron
    2) wordpress admin console
    3) either, it doesn't matter.

also, if i wanted to set up an online shop with credit card transactions/checkout, what services or scripts does blacknight provide to perform this action, or do i have to use something amateur looking like paypal or google checkout?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you're on one of our old hosting plans I've encourage you to move across to one of the new ones before renewing ...

Having said that .. you can use Installatron to upgrade for you, which should work fine.

The list of scripts available for ecommerce may be found in your control panel. They're grouped in categories, so you should be able to spot the ones available to you quite easily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

thanks for the fast reply.

I see you've got 3 new packages, what are the cost diffrences and benifets of the new packages compared to the old hosting packages?

I'm on the old shared UNIX package at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Here is a comparison chart of the new plans:
    http://www.blacknight.com/compare.html

We don't have any information on the old plans on the site anymore (obviously)

All the new plans come with way more of everything :)

Advertisement