Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biggest library dublin

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

can you tell me

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

For borrowing or referencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Biggest library would be Trinity College Dublin as it is a legal deposit library. It is entitled to receive any publication within the UK and Ireland and I think that honour was bestowed upon them by Queen Elizabeth. But it is not a public library obviously.

I presume the Dublin City Library on Pearse Street would be the largest public library

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I always thought the library in the Ilac Centre was the biggest...maybe second biggest.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Hermy wrote: »
    I always thought the library in the Ilac Centre was the biggest...maybe second biggest.:)

Well the libraries of TCD and UCD have between 1.5 and 2 million books each as far as i know, you'd need to take up the whole ilac for that :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I meant public library. I didn't think Pearse Street was bigger.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think the ILAC is bigger.

The library in Blanchardstown is pretty huge too though...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Never been in Pearse Street, but I reckon blanch is bigger than the ILAC one.

Advertisement