Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for interns (accommodation etc)

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Im heading to the IFSC in june for a 7 month placement and i don't have the first clue about dublin.

any ideas on where i could get accommodation?proximity to the ifsc and some decent pubs is essential!
    also, what gaa clubs are in the area?i might be looking to train while i am in dublin

any other bits of advice would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Im heading to the IFSC in june for a 7 month placement and i don't have the first clue about dublin.

any ideas on where i could get accommodation?proximity to the ifsc and some decent pubs is essential!
    also, what gaa clubs are in the area?i might be looking to train while i am in dublin

any other bits of advice would be great, thanks!

Lots of apartments in the IFSC. Start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Do you play hurling and football? The nearest club that play both would be Clanna Gael http://www.clannagaelfontenoy.ie/, which is about a mile from the IFSC.

The civil service play out of the phoenix park but dont play football. Theyre players would nearly be all from outside Dublin aswell and are open to any players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Lots of apartments in the IFSC. Start there.

Yeah there are but they're expensive as well and I'm assuming that as an intern you won't be exactly loaded right?
    Just use www.daft.ie. It's the best site for accomodation. You'll easily find something within walking distance of the IFSC that's reasonably enough priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cathalosullivan

well im more of a footballer but id throw my hand at the hurling!

i suppose the cheaper the better but i would like to be fairly central. i know i can have things both ways!

id like to hear from anyone who has actually gone through the whole intern process and tell me about their experiences??????

Advertisement