Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about ticket prices train going to Dublin

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if ordering online and paying 44euros is the cheapest I can get or if there are any specials somewhere?

Leaving on wed. night (last train) and coming back on friday morning (first train)

Don't think i will get it cheaper than 44euros but sometimes they have hidden specials

Thanks

Comments

Silly question - have you checked Aer Arann? I think they had some deals recently for a tenner each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The bus is often much cheaper, I think the train prices are fairly standard. You've just missed out on the e10 flights.

I think the bus can be booked for e10 online though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Yeah looks like i def. missed the AIRann flight. Just checked its 85euros or so for my dates/times.

I def. will take the train just figured sometimes ppl know of special deals etc. A friend of mine just told me if I take a 5day return or 1 Month return it would be cheaper than the 44euro online 'special' but he wasn't 100% sure.

I looked on their website but they don't seem to offer the 5day return/1month return so if anyone used these recently to dublin please let me know the price.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I went last month. Up one day back the next, couldn't get a next day return because they don't do them anymore....can't remember how much it cost now (I had the kids with me as well)....but it was a rip off.
    The guy at the station said they do have a 5 day return but I couldn't get that as I was coming back the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I always thought a monthly return was €36, I think it's actually dearer to but it online. When you go in ask for a monthly, don't bother getting a same day / next day return ticket as they are all the same price.
    If you get a single ticket it's also the same price as a monthly return, total rip off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I always thought a monthly return was €36, I think it's actually dearer to but it online. When you go in ask for a monthly, don't bother getting a same day / next day return ticket as they are all the same price.
    If you get a single ticket it's also the same price as a monthly return, total rip off!

That is a blooming rip off they don't tell you that when you are buying your tickets.

Yup, it's been like that since as long as I can remember. Total rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

it's €44 monthly return Sligo - Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Thanks everyone - just called them and they said 5day return is not available for this route or not available anymore in general and the monthly return is 44euros.

My friend also remembered 36euros for the 5day/monthly return but we are in a recession after all so Irish rail just had to hike up their prices. How else would they make more money - lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

magnumlady wrote: »
    That is a blooming rip off they don't tell you that when you are buying your tickets.

They told me???:confused:

• Advertisement

Holy sh!t €9 is a huge hike! Glad I don't use the train any more :p

Advertisement