Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine - Rapidshare problems

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone having troubles with Imagine DSL and Rapidshare? Speeds only about 50KB/s from it and if downloading from RS then other websites simply fail to load at all.

Not been on Imagine long enough to know if this is the norm or if this is just tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Stick ssl. in front of your file name:
    ttp://ssl.rapidshare

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I thought rapidshare limited you to a certain speed unless you were a premium user.

Although there are ways around that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i have a mate on imagine that always gets me to download any RS links he needs cos his connection always screws up RS downloads. i guess Imagine might be doing some funky sheeit on their end to stop people using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ajc100 wrote: »
    Stick ssl. in front of your file name:
    ttp://ssl.rapidshare

This doesn't make a difference.
    Chief--- wrote: »
    I thought rapidshare limited you to a certain speed unless you were a premium user.

Although there are ways around that. :D

I am a premium user. It worked fine with Irish Broadband.
    vibe666 wrote: »
    i have a mate on imagine that always gets me to download any RS links he needs cos his connection always screws up RS downloads. i guess Imagine might be doing some funky sheeit on their end to stop people using it.

If I have any downloads from RS going then pages start to time out on the web and generally my connetion stops working properly. This happens even if I limit to 30 or 40KBs and only 1 download at the time. Things work again 100% as soon as I close Flashget (which I use for downloading from Rapidshare).

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

traffic shaper by Imagine IMHO
    if so,u have to use proxy server for rapidshare downloads-- should be no problem then

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Speeds here are also limited to 50KB/s down at peak times, and even in the early hours it's limited to 200KB/s....i assumed Rapidshare themselves made changes and limited things?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

doubtfull..I just download lost ep 8 about 2 hours ago and was getting 740kb/sec so no problems there.
    just checked again and gettting 723kb/sec so definitely not rapidshare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I use Megaupload and get the full whack speeds...800+ down, but Rapidshare for some reason (i'm on BT) has very limited speeds as described above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

My main problem isn't just rapidshare speeds ... it's also the fact that I get 50KBs (roughly) on RS and then webpages just time out.

Advertisement