Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get myself to Higher Level Leaving Cert std in French

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Sorry about the long title!
    So yes, I did my LC 10 yrs ago and have been farting around ever since (have travelled, worked, studied but never know what I really wanted to do till now!)
    I studied Italian for my LC and have lived in Italy (am here now in fact!) so my Italian is good. However, I have found my perfect degree and am applying to start in Sept, the problem is the language choices are French or German!! :eek:
    I have decided on French as I prefer it and also everyone says its more similar to Italian and therefore easier for me to learn!
    I have spoken to the Director of the Course, he said I dont need to sit the Leaving Cert exam :cool: but I need to get myself up to the standard of the other students who will have just sat French. (higher level)
    Does anyone know of a good course I can do or should I get grinds??
    I will be home in March and have till Sept to get up to speed!
    Any responses appreciated!!
    (Will be based in Dublin)
    Carrieb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

How close are you to the border? Maybe you could head over for a day or two?
    Tim Ferris has some language learning posts on his blog
    Maybe Linguaphone type stuff or Mango Languages website. Linguaphone is more reputable tbh.

As for classes/courses here, I have no idea:D (Maybe the Institute?) But someone will

Advertisement