Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for good trance help appreciated

• 24-02-2009 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

hi...im looking to find the kind of real top class trippy trance that was around in the early to mid 90's...all i see around now is pop crap like paul oakenfold and ministry of sound (if there is good trance coming out now..please tell me where it is)....ive heard flying rhino is where its at...but which compilation would you recommend...?

thanks

jimmy:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Are you looking to find out where gigs are on or are you looking for good tunes?
    If your looking for tunes there are plenty of threads like the massive old school thread!
    If its gigs your looking for, IMO you have your choice from D&B, techno, electro nights or when bigger DJ's come to play in Tripod or Tivoli{watch your back doe :pac:}..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Are you looking to find out where gigs are on or are you looking for good tunes?
    If your looking for tunes there are plenty of threads like the massive old school thread!
    If its gigs your looking for, IMO you have your choice from D&B, techno, electro nights or when bigger DJ's come to play in Tripod or Tivoli{watch your back doe :pac:}..

thanks ill check that old skool thread....im looking for just tunes...like amazing stuff i used to hear on pirate stations years ago...mainly psy trance or goa i think...big trippy snyth pads (korg prophecy vibe)...i hav'nt heard it since...but yea it is a pity the tivoli is in beirut....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

but yea it is a pity the tivoli is in beirut....
    LoL

Don't get me wrong I don't have Trance aids :pac: .. I don't like the scene or the music but that is just a personal preference Im sure there are people on here that could help you out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

before going any further ... I know virtually nothing about Trance in general (and want to keep it that way) but do have a soft spot for psytrance and can recommend music by OOOD - www.myspace.com/oood and the Voice Of Cod - www.myspace.com/voiceofcod linked by Colin Bennun who plays in both bands.

Anyone who as at the Life fest in 07 may remember OOOD headlining on the Sun night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

ive heard flying rhino is where its at...but which compilation would you recommend...?

thanks

jimmy:)

The Flying Rhino ‘Flights’ (1-8) series are the best comps.
    Also check out Dragonfly records. In particular Order Odonata 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

http://www.djellisdee.com/top.html

Plenty of mixes here - Sophisticated High, Acidfest, Hypnotica, Projection and Order of One are Goa/psychedelic trance mixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

http://www.djellisdee.com/top.html

Plenty of mixes here - Sophisticated High, Acidfest, Hypnotica, Projection and Order of One are Goa/psychedelic trance mixes.
    cool, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You might also enjoy stuff on the Anjunabeats label? They have 2 or 3 of their "Volume" compilations out at the moment which are all top quality trance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Get on to the Platipus records website, they have loads of mad trance tracks. I'd particularly recommend this album. Brings me way back!

http://www.platipus.com/albums.asp?page=albumpage1&CD=1&ID=34&artistid=&labelid=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

excellent. thanks for all the recommendations..... appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement