Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a garage?

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone suggest a garage for a service on a old heap of junk car? Don't wanna pay an arm and a leg but wanna have it serviced as it's not been done proper since I got it. Also needs the oil changed probably among a few other things.

Anyone who can recommend from personal experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I always use these guys and never had a problem with them, fair price and good work.

M B M Cars
    Mulhuddart
    Dublin 15
    01 8216570

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Don't know what M & M are like but I see Tractamotors advertising a winter service (whatever that is) for €99. Could be worth ringing them to find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

SM motors in the lane facing Bridgets church,the mechanic owns the place so your getting the price etc from the horses mouth.

Sean:8208743-ask for sean as that number might just get you through to the parts shop @ the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

hi

i would recommend dave mcCann in the coolmine industrial estate, very good service and certainly not someone to over charge. tracta motors i wouldn't touch with all due respect to the previous poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

+1 for Dave Mc Cann

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is Dave McCann a one-man band or is it a big garage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Not a one-man by any means. I always get my tyres there, he is reasonably priced and nice to deal with. I havent really used them form much else - think I got a service there a few years back.

It's a good enough garage to deal with, mad busy on a saturday, so book in advance if you want a weekend service done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

jeffk wrote: »
    SM motors in the lane facing Bridgets church,the mechanic owns the place so your getting the price etc from the horses mouth.

Sean:8208743-ask for sean as that number might just get you through to the parts shop @ the front!

Is that the same SM who used to be in Ashtown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

cymro wrote: »
    Is that the same SM who used to be in Ashtown?

Im not sure to be honest came across em after being recommended by a friend of the family.
    In my experience D15 is crap for decent garages, i could list problems but no point going of topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

My brother is a mechanic and works for a large car dealer on the soutside that sell all the top brands of cars. He does nixers just pm if you want his details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

+ 3 for Dave McCann. Good prices and a nice guy also.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Does Dave McCann have all the electronic diagnostic kit? I need something fixed on my Golf that might need that and otherwise I'll have to take it to a main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

i go to aidan english in blanchardstown village all the time - great and cheap 8205515

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Zaph wrote: »
    Does Dave McCann have all the electronic diagnostic kit? I need something fixed on my Golf that might need that and otherwise I'll have to take it to a main dealer.

not sure what exactly you're thinking of, but he certainly does have all the gear for lights, emissions, etc all hooked up to a laptop.

There is a website with contact details though it doesnt look like its been updated in a while.

Advertisement