Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest electricity for business?

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi all, could anyone involved in running a shop or business of any sort please advise on which company gives the best value, i.e. ESB, Airtricity or Bord Gais? (I know this last one is a newbie). We run a medium size shop in Stephens Green shopping centre and would like to minimize our bills in these challenging times. Its a jewellery shop so a fair amount of lighting is essential

any help much appreciated!

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Bord Gais

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Hi all, could anyone involved in running a shop or business of any sort please advise on which company gives the best value, i.e. ESB, Airtricity or Bord Gais? (I know this last one is a newbie). We run a medium size shop in Stephens Green shopping centre and would like to minimize our bills in these challenging times. Its a jewellery shop so a fair amount of lighting is essential

any help much appreciated!

Mike

tell your landlord to drop the rent by 30% just like some of the bigger retailers have managed. e.g. bests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

we have moved from bord gais to Energia --- saving of 12.5% on ESB -

seems to best rate on market at the moment -

but -
    if u use a lot of lighting - look at Ecoled lighting - expensive to install -
    but u save 75% on energy usage -
    and the government give u back the cost of installition against your year end profits -
    a no loose situation really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

mickey, just get your lastest bill and the rates from the various companies and just jot them all down on a sheet of paper, its just a matter of crunching the numbers.

you should talk to them also about what package would be the most suitable for you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

It is if your company does not make a profit in these recessionary times! But well done for pointing it out.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

darc wrote: »
    tell your landlord to drop the rent by 30% just like some of the bigger retailers have managed. e.g. bests!

very interesting info darc, they had a tenants meeting on Monday about dropping the rent (its my fiancee who runs the shop really). Anyway I'm getting off the point but thanks for that :)

thanks for the suggestions everybody :) Will get rates off each and do a comparison chart.

seems to best rate on market at the moment -

but -
    if u use a lot of lighting - look at Ecoled lighting - expensive to install -
    but u save 75% on energy usage -
    and the government give u back the cost of installition against your year end profits -

cheers for the Ecoled suggestion Jimmy, hadn't heard of them before, government rebate sound even better :) Will look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I moved our business to Energia from Bord Gais am now back with Bord Gais as our Energia bills were all over the place i.e. small one month and big the next which was an absolute pain.

Advertisement