Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Hull go down ?

• 24-02-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭

I hope not, but I think they should have bought a striker , such as Bent .
    I think Brom and boro will go down , and it's between Stoke and Hull to fight it out for the remaining spot - Hull have been a breath of fresh air , while Stoke - i'll say nothing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

On tonight performance ,maybe .

Looking at Blackburn against man utd at weekend ,hard to see why they (BB) are 3rd from bottom .I can see them climbing the table if they keep playing the way they did against utd . Alderdyce has got the makings of a good team there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The three i think will go down are WBA, Stoke & Middlesbrough. I think Sam will get Blackburn out of trouble and i like to think Portsmouth can too. Cant see Hull going down but never say never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The old man stuck a fiver on them to go down the day Brown gave that halftime speech on the pitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The three i think will go down are WBA, Stoke & Middlesbrough. I think Sam will get Blackburn out of trouble and i like to think Portsmouth can too. Cant see Hull going down but never say never!

These are the three to go i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

fingers crossed that 'arry will sink spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Even if they stay up this season they are certainties to go down next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hull's big problem is scoring goals, they caused Spurs a lot of problems from set pieces last night but against a half decent defence that won't work as well.

Leading goalscorer? Geovanni with 6 goals, that tells it's own tale. And he started on the bench last night.

They could have done with Marlon King last night, and they have Boateng and Bullard missing through injury.

I really can't see them getting many points in their remaining fixtures, which means they'll have to rely on other sides taking points off their relegation rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Boro look in more trouble as they are as much as anything "unlucky" it seems, playing some decent footie and loosing anyway. Hull I think can fight hard enough to avoid the drop.

If peeps cast thier minds back to Wigwams first year in the Prem they started brilliantly but thier season was in decline from about Christmas and come the last 2 months they could hardly buy a win. However that first 4 months was enough to place them midtable and they have (after two bumpy years) come on nicely, I think Hull can do likewise albeit with less room to spare than Wigan.

Thier remaining fixutres are not too bad - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/fixtures/default.stm,

Spurs have a much harder run in for example.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/fixtures/default.stm
    Newcastles is no joke
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/fixtures/default.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hull will stay up. A quick look at the remaining fixtures:

Balckburn (H)
    Fulham
    Newcastle (H)
    Wigan
    Pompey (H)
    Middlesborough
    Sunderland
    Liverpool (H)
    Villa
    Stoke (H)
    Bolton
    Manu (H)

If they can beat Blackburn, Newcastle and Stoke at home and nick two away draws (one against Middlesborough) they should be safe. That's not asking much of them in fairness.

They also have the big games at home with the exception of Villa and with Liverpools away from- who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Bored with Hull already to be honest. They were always one of those teams that get beaten 3-0 week in week out but didn't realise it yet. Now they do. They could well go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The old man stuck a fiver on them to go down the day Brown gave that halftime speech on the pitch...

at what odds? i reckon that's a decent bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Will Hull go down ?

Yes

Balckburn (H)
    Fulham
    Newcastle (H)
    Wigan
    Pompey (H)
    Middlesborough
    Sunderland
    Liverpool (H)
    Villa
    Stoke (H)
    Bolton
    Manu (H)

If they can beat Blackburn, Newcastle and Stoke at home and nick two away draws (one against Middlesborough) they should be safe. That's not asking much of them in fairness.

They won't beat Blackburn though, and I can only see them pick up 3 points from their next four games. That might leave things looking tighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Hull will stay up. A quick look at the

They've won 1 in 19! what makes you think they can get results in these games...don't belong in the Premiership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hull are 8/3 on PP to go down, Spurs are 15/1 which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Geovanni seams to have rerturned to his City form, won't like a dog fight - wonderfull fooballer - needed someone like Bent to share responsibility with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

mike65 wrote: »
    Hull are 8/3 on PP to go down, Spurs are 15/1 which is ridiculous.

Since Harry Redknapp took over at Spurs we've managed 26 points in 18 games. Hull have managed 9pts in the same period.

12 games to go for both sides: in their last 12 games Hull have managed 7 points, Spurs have managed 13pts.

Might go some way towards explaining the discrepancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Balckburn (H)
    Fulham
    Newcastle (H)
    Wigan
    Pompey (H)
    Middlesborough
    Sunderland
    Liverpool (H)
    Villa
    Stoke (H)
    Bolton
    Manu (H)

They also have the big games at home with the exception of Villa and with Liverpools away from- who knows.
    Firstly they will lose to Blackburn. And beside Blackburn there in your post is the two teams I feel are likely to join them in the Championship next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Marcus would add nothing they don't have,but i think Darren has something to offer and something to proove, once he leaves Spurs - they were linked with him during the transfer window

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Kirnsy wrote: »
    fingers crossed that 'arry will sink spurs!

It would be the greatest day in football if spurs went down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭ollaetta

There's a lot of bad teams down there and none of them can score. I think Hull could very well slip down. WBA are definites IMO and maybe two from Hull, Stoke and Boro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ollaetta wrote: »
    There's a lot of bad teams down there and none of them can score. I think Hull could very well slip down. WBA are definites IMO and maybe two from Hull, Stoke and Boro?

Hull have 12 games to get 11 points, which would leave them on 40. 40 points would definitely keep you up.

I know Hull's current form is awful but every team finds ways to eke out points when they get into the real relegation stretch. And Hull don't need that many...

They won't go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hull have 12 games to get 11 points, which would leave them on 40. 40 points would definitely keep you up.

I know Hull's current form is awful but every team finds ways to eke out points when they get into the real relegation stretch. And Hull don't need that many...

They won't go down.

I think 35 points will see a team safe this season. Even if Hull play as bad as they have in the past 12 matches, they should do enough to secure safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In early January, I put €50 on them at 7-1 to be relegated. Seemed too much of a gifthorse to turn down. They showed their hand too early, got carried away with a few decent results and when the going got tough, their blatant lack of quality surfaced. And although in Phil Brown they've got a highly capable manager, you can't really expect to stay up when you're relying on Caleb Folan and Marlon "Lazy Arse" King to get you the goals.

Hull don't belong in the Premiership, even the name doesn't suit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

grenache wrote: »
    you can't really expect to stay up when you're relying on Caleb Folan and Marlon "Lazy Arse" King to get you the goals.

I''m off to stick €100 on Middlesborough to be relegated so.

Advertisement