Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live???? Plez reply!

Options
  • 24-02-2009 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi. Im thinking of going to LIT next year, well Im pretty sure Ill be going there if I get the points! For those of you who are also looking for accomodation for LIT, what are your opinions on the best place? Or even better, those of you who are currently, or have before been to LIT, where is the best accomodation? Dont mind whether its a house or a student village!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 4P's

if you are a first year i would reccomend a student villiage. They are the best craic in first year and there a re less responsiblities than when your renting a house. Cratloe wood anit bad Thomand student village is cool aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Agreed, there's not a whole lot of difference between Cratloe Wood and Thomand Village... I lived in Cratloe in first year and had no problems with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Get a house mate. Student villages are a disaster at the best of times and IMO the leading cause of first year dropouts due to the "need to party all the time" mentality that comes from living so close to everyone else

Most of Caherdavin is grand for student houses. Sheelin Road/Clonmacken areas pretty nice.

Wherever your staying, youll be looking at a 15 minute (min) walk in the mornings. More if your in thomod village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Hi. Im thinking of going to LIT next year, well Im pretty sure Ill be going there if I get the points! For those of you who are also looking for accomodation for LIT, what are your opinions on the best place? Or even better, those of you who are currently, or have before been to LIT, where is the best accomodation? Dont mind whether its a house or a student village!
    Are you a hot girl? I think I can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

I would reccomend Thomond Village. I lived there for the college year 2007/2008 and had a lot of fun. There was a very strict security staff at the time though who could be a real pain in the @$$ at the best of times, but luckily the main cause has moved onto another village and I must admit having visited friends in the village this year the security staff are a lot friendlier. Once again though, that could all change in september again.

The apartments are nice enough and have all the basics you'd need. There's a shop (was Spar last year but changed names now) less than five minutes walk up the road, but should you feel the laziness set in, theres a shop in reception in the evenings Sunday to Thursday that has all the basics, chocolate, crisps, bread, milk, frozen pizzas and cigarettes.

Each apartment houses 3 people and there are 2 ensuite bedrooms (one with a double bed, the other with a single) and one non-ensuite room with the bathroom next door to the room. I really would recommend living with at least 1 friend if you have any going to LIT and then get to know your neighours. Luckily for me, one of my upstairs neighbours ended up being in almost all my classes so that helped with the friendship aspect.

Hope this information helped and I didnt bore you to tears!

All the best in your leaving cert and decision on a place to live. You have plety of time to decide though as the village usually isnt full by the start of september.

• Advertisement
Advertisement