Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France (C&C)

• 24-02-2009 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

I spent three weeks learning French in Vichy, a very sedate but attractive little town, famous for healing waters and dark history.

3304442469_2bb8401ffb.jpg

3304442291_856150695b.jpg

3304442035_f26d79f1ca.jpg

3304443027_953850335c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I like 1 and 4 the most.
    2 and 3 are are almost monochromatic, maybe they'd look better in B&W.

The central lamppost in 3 seems to lean a little and the seats seem to be regularly placed but the geometry in the image is unbalanced, by moving your point of view to left or right you might have got a better balance.

The abandoned bed in 4 makes the picture, the sign above may say hotel but the bed in the doorway contradicts.

Niall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

#1 i like but for the lamppost in the bottom center of the image. It would be possible to clone it out if you felt appropriate. Not too difficult either. The tree to the left leave the mind to wonder what else is out there I think and yet I feel that you need that width to give the context of the building behind it.

#2 doesn't do much for me. The sign has no meaning for me - perhaps it does for others(?) and the half cropped open gate isn't really pushing a visual message for me.

#3 i like but agree with niall that a b/w might do you well here. You've nicely incorporated the tree in the foreground to frame the image - perhaps a little vignette might work here too. I might have dropped the angle of shooting (from a stooped position) to give a more pleasing angle (works with landscapes not with people).

#4 I really like this one. Best of the bunch for me. One slight improvement would be to consider the crop. Do you need as much road. In this case I personally don't think so because as a result the Hotel lettering is too tightly cropped (imho). Again a potential stooped angle would (i think) have give a slightly different visual perspective which might have worked. The person walking by is a good inclusion. This image speaks volumes in the story that it could tell. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

They are all good photos the only one that really grabs me as interesting though is the fourth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

#1 is nice perspective, shame about the lampost. agree with animalrights that it would be better cloned out.
    #2 and #3 are ok but I must admit aren't doing anything for me. Maybe try the BW suggestion!
    #4 is great, the bed propped in the hotel doorway is a great spot. Although there is quite a lot in the image, everything to the left of the person (pipes, tree and blue shutters are a bit distracting to me, but thats probably just a personal thing :) . A portrait perspective with just the hotel, door and the person walking would maybe have worked?

just my $0.02 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

realised I don't think I've ever used the heal tool before .. just the clone

Not noticing that much difference though I'll assume with a high res picture it'd have more to work with so it'd be a lot better

73475.jpg

Looks a lot better without the lamp (just roughly done)

• Advertisement
Advertisement