Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Master Cleanse

• 24-02-2009 3:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Ive always had an aversion to fad diets and believe exercise and eating healthily is key to losing weight. HOWEVER i am going on holidays in 5 weeks, and i would really like to shift some stubborn pounds, and was considering doing the master cleanse for 10 days followed by more exercise and good diet.

Any opinions? Is it a ridiculus idea? Im only considering because ( i could be wrong) i heard the occasional fast isnt overly bad for you/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I have absolutely no idea what the "Master Cleanse" diet consists of, but I know that a) it's not a super-duper lose weight fast fix and b) it's nothing you can't achieve with good ol' fashioned healthy eating.

The whole concept of 'detoxing' has been proven ridiculous numerous times now in the scientific community - we don't give our bodies credit for what they are able to do (no machine can filter like our own livers do on a 24/7 basis!!).

You're right, the occasional fast isn't bad for you at all but the problem is that for most people the fast isn't the issue, it's all the food they eat when they get back to 'normal' eating that's the problem.

Juice only diets? No protein and little fibre.

Fancy detoxes with magic potions/ herbal teas/ fat-burning-antioxidant drinks-OMGZ!!? You'll pee 98% of it away.

You can make a *big* difference in five weeks but the key to success will be consistency.

Remove all junk, processed foods and most simple sugars from your diet. Drink plenty of water. Eat lots and lots of vegetables, some dairy, plenty of lean protein, good fats from nuts, seeds, their oils and oily fish, and when the sweet tooth hits satiate it with fruit or a sweetly falvoured fruit tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jadesugar

I have heard mixed reports on this diet and am starting in two days. Its hard to do but the results are fantastic. Couldnt find ant Grade B maple syrup but I did find "Type 2". Does anyone know if this is the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Your supposed to use organic maple syrup? Which you can get in Superquinn. Decided starving myself wasnt a good plan. Let me know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jadesugar

cheers for the reply. have you tried this diet yourself? Is the maple syrup called "bunalun" in white and black packaging by any chance?:confused:

Advertisement