Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with NTL BB last night in D1

Options
  • 24-02-2009 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I have lost my NTL BB connection last night in D1 area and just wondering if anyone else experiencing the same?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yes, mine is shot to hell from about 7 last night and still has not come back - I'm near Capel street.... Sync light keeps flashing and never syncs up... It was flaky all day yesterday, dropping on and off all day but went completely later in the day. Waiting for 9 o'clock to go through the fun of calling them up :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭leonliang

Yeah, same problem here and Im based in Capel st myself. Need to get onto UPC CSD today!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Problem with UPC braodband in Dublin 16 last night also.

General surfing was very unresponsive, when running Speedtest.net the download speeds are ok but there is a delay of up to a half a minute for the upload. Will be on to their support today.

cdb wrote: »
    General surfing was very unresponsive, when running Speedtest.net the download speeds are ok but there is a delay of up to a half a minute for the upload. Will be on to their support today.

At least yours is working to some extent :). Mine (and the OP's I assume) has now been completely down for over 14 hours... I can accept some downtime on occasion, but this is ridiculous...

Great... the usual UPC tech support bulls**t: "oh you need to call us when you're home so you can reboot the modem, etc"... I told them I've already rebooted the damn modem a number of times, but no, you have to be actually there while you're on the phone with them to reboot it again. F***ing w***ers :mad:...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Mine was down from Saturday night to midday Monday.. d15 :/

Well apparently they "know about it and are working on it"... Smithfield area is affected according to what they said - 21 hours and counting already though, grrr....

On the other hand, I'm shocked that I got through to "normal" support (not the premium number) straight away just now - no holding in the queue, nothing. That has never happened to me before :).

And... we're back, after 23 hours of downtime... Hope you're fully sorted too Leonliang. Fair play to UPC customer service for once, I got through real quick this afternoon and when the guy said it should be up "shortly", it wasn't a blatant lie (or it was a lucky guess :)). Hopefully it'll be problem free for a good while now...

Advertisement