Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m15a4 over limit want to bring it down.

Options
  • 24-02-2009 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

My classic army sportline m15a4 air nozzle broke a while back and i only replaced it there last week and now the m4 shoots at 1.06j / 338fps big increase from its orignal 0.90j i know the air nozzle can effect the power but i wasnt expecting an increase of 26fps.
    I can find plenty of guides about adding more power but nothing on how to bring an aeg's power down any ideas or sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

and before you go recomending i take it to a shop i dont own a car and dont fancy taking the bus/train with an m4 sticking out of my jacket:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The easiest method is to simply open the gearbox and swap for a lower rated spring, perhaps try an ms90 or even ms85.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

arnt ms90/80 springs ment to bring an aeg to something like 320~340fps seeing as the aeg from stock was firing about 0.90j /311fps im going to guess it has a ms90 / ms85 or similar in it already and aegs normally fire under their advertised fps.
    Still nice idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

It really depends on the AEG tbh, an ms90 should in theory give 300fps, but can also be over 328 under certain circumstances. I'd try an ms85 at first and see how that goes. Other than that you can do some work to weaken the air seal in the cylinder/piston (looser o-ring etc...) but it would be very trial and error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

and before you go recomending i take it to a shop i dont own a car and dont fancy taking the bus/train with an m4 sticking out of my jacket:P

And to be honest you really should have a gun bag for it...

i do but id still not feel comfortable walking around with it.

• Advertisement

The marshal at Gtac last sunday (think his name is alan) pointed out to me that some of the classic armys imported into ireland have a tiny hole drilled into the air nozzle to make them legal.

She crono'ed at 360+ down there so im going to rip the gearbox out and replace it entirely with something sub 1j.Also tried a ms95 spring (only one avalable on SeAirsoft at the time) last week the gears wouldnt cycle probably far too stiff for the gearbox and the stock spring was around 3 inchs shorter than the ms95 so i should have seen it coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

The marshal at Gtac last sunday (think his name is alan) pointed out to me that some of the classic armys imported into ireland have a tiny hole drilled into the air nozzle to make them legal.

Alan here. The hole is drilled in the cylinder. To vent air pressure and bring down the FPS. Not the air nozzle. And I accept no responsibility for damage done that's why I'm not posting how to do it.

if found out how to do it myself but i decided not to go messing around and just took the gearbox out of the aeg and when ever i get round to ordering a new gearbox ill just slap it in and fire away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

Ah happy day's. Your sorted so.:D

Advertisement