Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turn off the"Ryan Show" day.

• 24-02-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

As far as Im conserned G Ryan is another fat cat:mad:.He refuses to take a pay cut and then all he can talk about is shopping in New York,buying new shoes and generally talking about his holidays.Just now he said "what have we left to cut"!!!his wages I think??.When asked to take a pay cut his reply BULLS**T!!.
    Am I the only one who gets furious:mad: with this self opinionated git.
    I think if people were to tune out for one day,maby he might just just change his mind or have pressure from his bosses to do the honourable thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

I don't think switching off for one day would have any affect at all on Gerry Ryans decision to take the paycut.

I think not many people would engage in this proposed action of yours, most of the listeners to the program are fans of his so I can't see many of them switching off.

You will just have to wait until RTE enforce a cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I thought this thread would be about today's pigging out on pancakes, gruesome listening "mmmhh, mmmhh, creme anglais spilling out of G Ryan's gob ..." :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

For me, everyday is turn off the Ryan show day.

Looks like Laurel and Hardy Ryan and Tubridy will be getting pay cuts anyway...story from todays' indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Gerry Ryan is to Irish Radio, what Fianna fail is to Irish politics. He's been in his lofty position far too long, he has contempt for his listeners and is so far removed from reality that he cant see the wood for the trees. The man has been resident in the the Four Seasons Hotel in ballsbridge for that last few months for Godsake!! Quite aside from the fact that he shouldnt be on 2FM by virtue of the fact that 2FM is supposed to be a youth music station, he is had the temerity to give the middle finger to the Irish people, when pay cuts were mentioned. Ryan like Fianna Fail will not move an inch before they are pushed. When people cop on to this and switch him and his pathetic programme off then perhaps we may be rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

heybaby wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan is to Irish Radio, what Fianna fail is to Irish politics. He's been in his lofty position far too long, he has contempt for his listeners and is so far removed from reality that he cant see the wood for the trees. The man has been resident in the the Four Seasons Hotel in ballsbridge for that last few months for Godsake!! Quite aside from the fact that he shouldnt be on 2FM by virtue of the fact that 2FM is supposed to be a youth music station, he is had the temerity to give the middle finger to the Irish people, when pay cuts were mentioned. Ryan like Fianna Fail will not move an inch before they are pushed. When people cop on to this and switch him and his pathetic programme off then perhaps we may be rid of him.

Good on yah baby ..well said..Ryan is one arrogant dick..is completely out of touch with reality.

Bigging up the Ire / Eng rugby at Croker,,no doubt he will be there in all his liggin glory with the complete "Ryan clan".

Who seem like a supreme bunch of arsholes based on Dad's description....:eek:

Advertisement