Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feature Request: Prefixes in Shooting For Sale/Wanted

Options
  • 24-02-2009 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible to implement prefixes in the Shooting For Sale/Wanted forum?

The forum doesn't get a huge amount of traffic, but I guesstimate that 25-30% of the posts there don't have anything in the thread title to indicate their intention.

At the moment, I'm just editing the titles of the ones with nothing at all, but even the others have a wide variety of 'styles', for want of a better word; things like: FS, [FOR SALE], 'for sale', etc, in random positions in the thread title.

It's all just a bit messy and forced prefixes would tidy it all up, and also relieve me of the onerous task of editing a thread title every now and then. :D

I think we'd only want three prefixes:
    For Sale:
    Wanted:
    Bargain Alert:

A few twists that would make it very cool:
    Can prefixes be inserted as above, without box brackets and mad colours?
    Is it possible to have no 'No Prefix' option, to force users to select one of the above, and can the selection of a prefix be made mandatory?
    Simultaneously, is it possible to retain the 'No Prefix' option for Mod posts?

Thanks for reading the above, I hope it makes sense. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Rovi wrote: »
    Simultaneously, is it possible to retain the 'No Prefix' option for Mod posts?

If not we can always post in Shooting and then move the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

IRLConor wrote: »
    If not we can always post in Shooting and then move the thread.
    Hey, I hadn't thought of that, that'd work fine!

I'd still like for there to be no 'No Prefix' option though, and it should be mandatory to select one of the available options before the system will allow the post.

On mature reflection, I suppose we could live with the square brackets too (/B]prefix[B), but I'd love to avoid the colours if at all possible.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement