Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eastern relief road

• 24-02-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭

it's open, the one going from the dublin road to the hacketstown road, all I can say it's a god send so about time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

does it go from the dublin road where big blue barn is,

whereabouts on the hackettstown rd is it coming out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

we went looking for this road from the Dublin Road side last Friday evening . It is not well indicated at all and we ended having to go cross country and coming out at the Bennekerry Cross Roads

The New road comes out about 1 Km away from the Browneshill Dolmen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

queen-mise wrote: »
    does it go from the dublin road where big blue barn is,

whereabouts on the hackettstown rd is it coming out

yeh where the blue barn is.. and as lucylu said near to pratts/the dolmen
    lucylu wrote: »
    we went looking for this road from the Dublin Road side last Friday evening . It is not well indicated at all and we ended having to go cross country and coming out at the Bennekerry Cross Roads

The New road comes out about 1 Km away from the Browneshill Dolmen

ah its signed enough, the less it is the better, less using it easier for me getting home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

The first bit of fence is wrecked all ready, someone tried to make some skidmarks. Ended up in a field :)

yeh they made sh*t of the fence and the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Ah don't ya just love those people who pay attention on the road!!!

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Ah don't ya just love those people who pay attention on the road!!!

erm they were well drifitingon it, was a supped up toyotanissan hrd to tell by the kit on it i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

patrickc wrote: »
    erm they were well drifitingon it, was a supped up toyotanissan hrd to tell by the kit on it i think
    can the guards not get those clowns off the roads in their homemade cars? most have no proper number plates, windows tinted too muce, exhausts not legal etc etc not to mention them speeding around the town paying no regard to pedestrians or other road users!

and back on track are there any plans to finish the road out past the eire og clubhouse?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    can the guards not get those clowns off the roads in their homemade cars? most have no proper number plates, windows tinted too muce, exhausts not legal etc etc not to mention them speeding around the town paying no regard to pedestrians or other road users!

and back on track are there any plans to finish the road out past the eire og clubhouse?

that might all change with the nct changed in 2010.

and i heard it coyld be 2 years before that road is completed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

these clowns dont worry about things like tax insurance or nct and the guards seem to ignore them anyway in their tarmac scraping deathtraps. i saw one last week which had the suspension tampered with so much it could not negotiate the roundabout at KFC without going into a mini skid as it lost traction due to wrong set-up.

surely finishing the inner releif road would only make traffic in the town less congested and improve the traffic on o'brien road too? but times are hard i suppose and council belts are being tightened with trips to new york for paddy's day:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

foggy_lad wrote: »
    these clowns dont worry about things like tax insurance or nct and the guards seem to ignore them anyway in their tarmac scraping deathtraps. i saw one last week which had the suspension tampered with so much it could not negotiate the roundabout at KFC without going into a mini skid as it lost traction due to wrong set-up.

What colour car?

I doubt it was a mistake.
    Don't discriminate against people who modify their cars please.
    There's a few who act the eejit and they're dealt with accordingly but eh..tar..brush..stop.

lads keep it on topic please, i dont mind the car been crashed on the eastern relief road been talked about, its relevant, not modifed cars or their colours though

random waffle thread that way>>>>>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

drove it last night to see where it goes!! Pity not to put a roundabout on the Hacketstown side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

drove it last night to see where it goes!! Pity not to put a roundabout on the Hacketstown side.

My thoughts exactly. I reckon they're will be lots of accidents there in time. The junction has been barely upgraded bar new signage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

whats the point of this road?

to get me to work in dublin quicker:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

whats the point of this road?

Opening up the lands on either side to 'development' (more housing I suppose).
    http://archives.tcm.ie/carlownationalist/2007/01/17/story30593.asp
    http://archives.tcm.ie/carlownationalist/2009/02/04/story35506.asp

The private developer on whose land the road passes through agreed to build the road at no cost to the county subject to the council rezoning the area. The council had plans for an Eastern Bypass way back in 1999 or before.
    http://archives.tcm.ie/carlownationalist/1999/08/28/story4000.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

patrickc wrote: »
    to get me to work in dublin quicker:D

Hopefully but I'd hazard a guess it just gets you into the queue at Castledermot quicker :(

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Hopefully but I'd hazard a guess it just gets you into the queue at Castledermot quicker :(

castledermot hasn't been bad lately, and there always the road around it.

yeh slimjim thats why the road is only 60kph, cos of the devlopment supposed to go on it

Advertisement