Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

headford road closed

Options
  • 24-02-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I was on my way to work this morning @ 9.30 and the headford road was closed. Any idea what happened? I saw a yellow tyre truck on it with its front bumper damaged and front window smashed a bit. I haven't seen anything on the news yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Was somebody hit by that van / truck or something? Think I saw a lone shoe on the road. Absolute chaos trying to get in this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Closed at the Monlo Park roundabout heading out to Headford you mean?

I came in at half 8 from Headford into town but turned over the castlegar road. Didn't see any tailback but probably happened after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Kazooie wrote: »
    Closed at the Monlo Park roundabout heading out to Headford you mean?

No, it was closed from the menlo park roundabout to the exit of dunnes stores.

A friend tells me that someone is critical in hospital. I thought the damage to the truck was too much to be caused by a person.

I can only imagine the traffic chaos that is causing right now. It was bad enough coming from Town-Renmore via Bohermore, and that was due to the roadworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

The truck hit a pedestrian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Looking out of the NUIG IT building window this morning I was wondering why traffic on the Dyke Road was at a standstill with a huge tailback. This accident must have been why - people having to use the Dyke Rd as a diversion.

Here's a link.

Please God, he/she will pull through and make a recovery.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Feckbiscuits!

Any idea what time this happened? I went by there at 7.30 and it hadn't happened yet.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Feckbiscuits!

Any idea what time this happened? I went by there at 7.30 and it hadn't happened yet.

Not sure. On that article that I gave the link to it says it occured in the past hour (of when the article was published). But, unfortunately, it only gives the date of when the article was published and not the time so it impossible to figure out when the accident occured from that..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Feckbiscuits!

Are you dissapointed you missed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm assuming that's why the Wellpark/Monivea road was nose to tail this morning as well. Never been so glad to be going out of town rather than in!

This thread reminds me of Dara O Brioin's piece on the London Bombings..

"An incredible piece of news, but how will I get to work"

Hope they are ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just went past now, traffic back to normal.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Are you dissapointed you missed it?

Oh totally, my morning is never complete unless I see bits of human scattered about the place.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

link updated here

Advertisement