Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for the return of my deposit!

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Just wondering how long people have waited to get their deposits back from a supposable reputable letting agency. I leased a house for year and paid the deposit under the contract which I forfilled by cleaning and giving a months notice prior to the end of the outstanding lease, yet I've been waiting over 18 days now the return of my deposit. I've been giving a few excuses for the delay. One being they cant get in contact with the Landlord of the property. Whys this my problem? I paid the Deposit to the Letting agency. Anyways, When I ring the Letting agency I basically get lots of excuses and no replies to my emails. I'm starting to think they are taking the hand. Any suggestions how I should approach this? I was going to call into their office personally. Its alot of money and I'm already in the red because of it. :-\

Advertisement