Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Liberties, Reginald St, Meath St etc

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

I love The Liberties during the day but what is the area like to live in after dark?

Are there any streets or apartment blocks safe or unsafe? Francis St, Meath St, Reginald St, Thomas St, The Maltings, The Weavers....

Feedback from people who either work or live in the area or know people who do would be great (and not just negative feedback from folk who have heard the place is dodgy but have never step foot near the area).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Been living here all my life and have to say i feel totally safe i suppose its like anywhere if you go looking for trouble you will get it but if you keep yourself to yourself you will be fine and you will never meet a nicer bunch of people than the ones in the liberties.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Dubdude wrote: »
    Been living here all my life and have to say i feel totally safe i suppose its like anywhere if you go looking for trouble you will get it but if you keep yourself to yourself you will be fine and you will never meet a nicer bunch of people than the ones in the liberties.

Thanks Dubdude, I appreciate your reply. Taximan the other day gave out loads about the area but I had a feeling he lives no where near the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Couple of dodgy pubs on Francis Street, Pimlico can be a bit loud but the rest of the area is fine I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 womping

We're doing our best to move back over there so it's not all bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I've lived in dublin 8 since i moved out of home about 9 years ago. And i love it. Never felt any more unsafe than i would in any city centre area late at night. I think its a great place to live.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i used to live in brabazon square, just off reginald street.

i loved it there, i felt so safe and if i could, i would move back there tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 31 no1dad

lived in the Maltings for 4 years and loved the area, never had one bit of bother in it, and you are a 15minute walk from the centre city, beside the luas , meath street, guinness etc great area altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I lived in a flat in Thomas Street just over 10 years ago. Never any bit of trouble. There was a few interesting characters around but they were totally harmless. It was a nice place to live and I felt very safe.

Advertisement