Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More people getting 6.45 train from Balbriggan

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all,

While I realise that trains with less carriages appear to be in use, there has been a noticeable increase in the number of people getting the 6.45am train from Balbriggan in the morning. This was the 2nd morning I wasn't able to get a seat. This never used to be an issue. The only thing I can think of is that the operating hours of Bus Eireanns 101 service have been cut, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Any ideas?

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

People are slowly realising that by getting an earlier train you have a better chance of getting a seat.

The mornings are also getting lighter so it not (psychologically) as better getting up earlier in the morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is the only way to get a parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Strangely, I got the 7:05 this morning and there's loads of seats, perhaps there's been a mass migration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

7.05 and 7.15 always have loads of room til about rush/donabate

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

I could not do a train before 7am, well I could but psychologically I can't !

The 7.05 is fantastic, always seats but never spaces in the carpark.
    The 7.13 not a chance of a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

liverbird wrote: »
    The 7.13 not a chance of a seat.

ive gotten a seat on it every time ive ever gotten it

and theres always been loads of seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

the 6.45 train goes to rosslare euro port hence more people will get this train as it hits all the stops
    while 7.05 only goes to pearse - you always get a seat on this train and car space in station but beware of the ticket machines
    they have a tendancy to stop working ONLY FOR YOU - bucking fastards

Advertisement