Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone switches itself off

• 24-02-2009 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hi there. i'm just wondering if this is a problem for many others. recently i have looked at my phone, Nokia N73, to find that it is off. I never switch it off. i always keep the battery charged, get the updates and have cleared space of the phones memory...... still it seems to switch itself off intermittently. can anyone suggest why this is happening?

this was also a problem with my last phone (sony ericsson) but had been characteristic of that phone from the start whereas my current phone worked fine for the first few months.

apologies for my ignorance of phone technology:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

artie ziff wrote: »
    hi there. i'm just wondering if this is a problem for many others. recently i have looked at my phone, Nokia N73, to find that it is off. I never switch it off. i always keep the battery charged, get the updates and have cleared space of the phones memory...... still it seems to switch itself off intermittently. can anyone suggest why this is happening?

this was also a problem with my last phone (sony ericsson) but had been characteristic of that phone from the start whereas my current phone worked fine for the first few months.

apologies for my ignorance of phone technology:P
    I would imagine it is a handset or battery issue. Either there is an issue with the handset causing it to power off, or the battery is faulty and it is the reason for the handset powering off.

I recommend going to your local Meteor/O2/3/Vodafone store, delete where applicable, and advising them of the issue. They will most likely send your handset away for repair and offer you a loan handset for a small deposit e.g. €60.

Advertisement