Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty pack in tayto multipack

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,

Ok, I know this is a really minor thing compared to some of the problems people in this forum have had... I recently bought a multipack of tayto and one of the packs in it was empty, although sealed. What's the general protocol for something like this, bring it back to the shop or contact tayto directly?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

well you could write a letter to the compliants department on the back of the pack I supppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

That is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jusk

My, what an emblematic microcosm for our time.

I'd sell it on eBay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That is all

rofl
    What did you use to create this?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

If you are going to bother getting onto anyone about it i would go Tayto as it was a fault during the manufacturing process and is not something that the retailer could have prevented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

The recession bites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Cabaal wrote: »
    rofl

This I think.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Write to Tayto. My sis did this with HB a few years back, she bought a box of 'Twisters' and there were no sticks in any of them! She got about 10 boxes of them from HB by way of an apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

That is all

That's hilarious! And makes my complaint feel so much more important now ;)

Toots85 wrote: »
    Write to Tayto. My sis did this with HB a few years back, she bought a box of 'Twisters' and there were no sticks in any of them! She got about 10 boxes of them from HB by way of an apology.

I've heard a few of those stories but never met someone who was the actual recipient. Found a contact address on the tayto website and got in touch with them so here's hoping! Or maybe I'll get a cheque for 47 cents. Something to occupy my mind while the real issues of the day rumble on in the background :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

and seeing as boards members gave you such invaluable advice, i presume you'll be bringing your (hopeful) reward of a big box of tayto to the next boards beers!:D

Of course! And if nothing comes of it I will happily share the empty tayto bag too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Cabaal wrote: »
    rofl
    Mena wrote: »
    This I think.

That's the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 madalig

I bought a 18 pack of tayto and it had 6 packs of king crisps in it, i wrote to them as king although made by tayto are an inferior crisp. I never heard back from them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Multi pack crisps are notorious for varying pack sizes. AFAIK they sell them on overall weight, I often get bags jammed full, and others with feck all. If you have your machines running on lower tolerances, e.g. 25g +/-10g it is cheaper & faster to produce them.

You might have gotten a load of extra full bags and then this empty one, though overall you did get the correct weight. I am just polishing off a half full pack of walkers now! the one yesterday was jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

madalig wrote: »
    king although made by tayto are an inferior crisp.

reported for trolling - King are an infinitely superior crisp!

after all, Mr Tayto is just a man, but the King is The King!

Advertisement