Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup beers info for Dublin/Cork/rest of Ireland

Options
  • 24-02-2009 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

just to let you folks know the pub i work in (crossbar in harolds cross, dublin) will be hosting a spurs theme day this coming sunday. its a spurs pub so everyone is welcome to come along to enjoy good food and watch the match. live music is on from 6 pm to 8 pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Morning my fellow Lillywhites, Im an N17er stranded in dublin for the weekend and was wondering where you guys all meet up for a few beers, general chat and of course cheers our lads on to victory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Dublin Supporters Club normally meet here: http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/mayes.html

Can't imagine will be any different this year.

On the south side of the city, there's the Crossbar here out in Harold's Cross, is owned by a Spurs fan and there's a post above saying there'll be some effort made for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

The Cork Spurs Supporters Club will be meeting up on Sunday for the game at the Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork. There was great craic there for last season's final and I've no doubt Sunday will be the same.

All Spurs supporters welcome!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

As i did not get a wembley ticket i will be in Dublin at the weekend and will head to Tom Mayes.It seems to be the place to go in dublin anybody else heading there.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    As i did not get a wembley ticket i will be in Dublin at the weekend and will head to Tom Mayes.It seems to be the place to go in dublin anybody else heading there.

Yep all kitted out in blue and white, ready to sing my little heart out

• Advertisement

just to let you folks know the pub i work in (crossbar in harolds cross, dublin) will be hosting a spurs theme day this coming sunday. its a spurs pub so everyone is welcome to come along to enjoy good food and watch the match. live music is on from 6 pm to 8 pm

What was the atmosphere like there last year? the live music- will it be chas and dave :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

oppiuy wrote: »
    What was the atmosphere like there last year? the live music- will it be chas and dave :)

the band is called tumbling dice, i havent heard them myself but the other chef knows them and loves them. we are decorating the place in spurs flags and other spurs stuff and will have a flag flying outside.
    of course there will be a little bit of united stuff too but 90% of the pub is being dedicated to spurs. as mentioned the owner is a spurs nut and has gangs of spurs fans coming from the stoneboat and other pubs.
    ill be cooking the food so you're gauranteed a good feed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

oppiuy wrote: »

We are having something at the "wexfordcoys" home bar - Maggie Mays in Monk street Wexford town, we have our own bar so we can put up flags scarves etc, plus a nice big 50 plasma! Food at half time, and yes a bit of Chaz N Dave also!!:D

http://blog.wexfordcoys.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

yiddo wrote: »
    The Cork Spurs Supporters Club will be meeting up on Sunday for the game at the Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork. There was great craic there for last season's final and I've no doubt Sunday will be the same.

All Spurs supporters welcome!

COYS

Will be there with OneDayJuande again this year. Am the lad with long hair and glasses who'll be awkwardly looking for a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Dublin Supporters Club normally meet here: http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/mayes.html

Can't imagine will be any different this year.

On the south side of the city, there's the Crossbar here out in Harold's Cross, is owned by a Spurs fan and there's a post above saying there'll be some effort made for the final.

Iwill be in mayes

• Advertisement

Will there be much vocal support in either bar.. love an ould sing song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

did anyone drop into me last sunday?

Advertisement