Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a vet in Waterford

Options
  • 24-02-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I going to have my jack russell bitch spayed but would like recommendations for vets in the Waterford area.

Any/all recommendations appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snoozy

We got our dog spayed at City vets a few months ago http://www.cityvets.ie/

I was very happy with them - We dropped her in in the morning, the vet rang just before the op and afterwards.. i thought they really looked after her well. She bounced back the next day and her scar has healed well.

A friend goes to The Pet hospital down by the park and they're meant to be good - they might be even a little cheaper - not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

snoozy wrote: »
    We got our dog spayed at City vets a few months ago http://www.cityvets.ie/

I was very happy with them - We dropped her in in the morning, the vet rang just before the op and afterwards.. i thought they really looked after her well. She bounced back the next day and her scar has healed well.

A friend goes to The Pet hospital down by the park and they're meant to be good - they might be even a little cheaper - not sure?

How much did you pay for the op? Did they keep the dog overnight or was she out the same day?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snoozy

She had a couple of things done -not just the spay so I can check later what exactly the spay cost was.. i think around €170 ish?

I dropped her in about 9.30am and she was ready to go home about 4pm that day - she was still pretty out of it for most of the evening, she slept mostly but was grand the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

cityvets is very good alright. Got me cat done there a few years back. Cant remember how much it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

The pet hospital down by the park is the best. Tadgh mc tiernan is the vet there and he's fab. he's just into animals. he's not about extortionate prices theres no frills about him and he's just got a very comforting way about him. wouldnt go past him and i've had experiences with other vets in the city and tadgh is by far the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement