Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited connections?

Options
  • 24-02-2009 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi there.

I have a standard eircom Netopia router. Perhaps I am off the ball but Is there a limit to the amount of incoming connections that it can handle? If so how many? If so, can you recommend a router which no limits. I want to be able to receive many incoming connections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

There is typically a limit of TCP connections set, and its usually adjustable on the configuration interface. But its there for a reason, which is to stop your router from getting bogged down trying to process inbound requests.

I would say its rare enough for a home network router to reach saturation, unless something in your net was acting as a server for a large number of clients. What are the symptoms you are seeing?Have you checked the logs to see what exactly is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

would another router be more suitable

Advertisement