Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good S60 music player

• 24-02-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

I've just bought a 16GB card for my E51 so I don't have to carry my iPod around when I'm out and about. It officially only supports 4GB, but various internet reports said the 16GB would be fine, so I went for it.

Nearly everything worked great: the music was transferred along with the meta data, no slowdown from the phone in general, and the songs play through the Gallery or File Browser applications. The problem arises when I try to access them through the music player itself. It doesn't seem capable of handling such a large volume of files and locks up when it's launched. I've updated the firmware and reformatted the memory card - still nothing. Seems like I'm not the only one with the issue either.

Now, I know the E51 isn't designed as a music phone, and I'm not expecting the world's greatest multimedia experience, but I didn't expect this. What's really annoying is that other music players, such as Strands Social Player are capable of playing the tracks, but any I've tried so far seem to lack polish compared to the default player (Strands comes closest of the ones I've tried).

So, I'm looking for an S60 music player with the following features:

- Reads meta data from the tracks (unlike LCG which only reads the filename I think)
    - Builds a media library
    - Allows me to search that library by artist, album, etc.
    - Organises tracks within an album by track number, not name (this seems to be the one thing missing from Strands)

If the worst comes to the worst I guess I could put numbers in the songs' titles, but that would take forever and I'd rather avoid it. There must be some S60 player out there that does this?

Alternatively any suggestions on how to get the default player working would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the long post, thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

I don't know if any of these do what you're looking for but have a look..

Coreplayer, Mobiola Media Player, TTPod, PowerMp3, Lcg Jukebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Sorry, I forgot all about this thread. Thanks for the help. I'd tried a few of those but they weren't much use to me. In the end I converted my music to eAAC+ and the default music player can handle the reduced file sizes. Not ideal, but it'll do.

Advertisement