Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Direct Debit/Withholding payment from BT

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When I said that "nonsense" was "being espoused", I did not mean you. :)

I am quite horrified to hear that PTSB told you that they could do nothing about BT raiding your account. This is a clear breach of the direct debit scheme.

And I totally agree with your last statement, I myself had an issue only recently.

A few months ago, I had yet another issue with an unauthorised payment. I did not even contact the payee, I contacted my branch and they refunded me.

People need to be made aware that many providers will take other methods of payment and they should opt for those; if they have no choice, as I do with two payees, they need to know their rights.

People are being bullied into the dd system and unfortunately the companies doing the bullying do not comply with the system themselves for example UPC! Its an appalling sytem!!!

jor el wrote: »
    They're actually regulated by the CBFSAI.

Contacted them but a very helpful girl claimed that they weren't!.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

thanks guys, sorry, i'll put my toys back in the pram now. :)

it seems like any thoughts of providing decent customer service has been completely eradicated from the whole country.

BUT, we've kind of hijacked the thread from the OP a bit so I'll just tell him to watch his back and make a note of the dtaes that the DD is supposed to come out and make sure he checks with his bank (I'd recommend going to your branch if you can get there to speak face to face, they will find it harder to spout BS if they have to look you in the eye) to make sure that the DD has not been re-presented again to be paid. i think it's presented 10 days before the due date and you may be able to block it once it's been presented but before the money is taken. you'll want to check that though, i'm only going from memory and i could be wrong about it.

vibe666 wrote: »
    thanks guys, sorry, i'll put my toys back in the pram now. :)

it seems like any thoughts of providing decent customer service has been completely eradicated from the whole country.

BUT, we've kind of hijacked the thread from the OP a bit so I'll just tell him to watch his back and make a note of the dtaes that the DD is supposed to come out and make sure he checks with his bank (I'd recommend going to your branch if you can get there to speak face to face, they will find it harder to spout BS if they have to look you in the eye) to make sure that the DD has not been re-presented again to be paid. i think it's presented 10 days before the due date and you may be able to block it once it's been presented but before the money is taken. you'll want to check that though, i'm only going from memory and i could be wrong about it.

Every one of them I hope!:)

When you think of it IPSO are there to represent the industry so it completely wrong that they should be in charge of the dd system at all. Their concern is certainly not for the bill payer but for the banks and billers so the fundamental set up is wrong.

Advertisement