Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you giving up for Lent?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

emo!! wrote: »
    i vow to give up chocolate and crisps every year, always last a day and the give in.. this year my goal is to beat that record, and stay off then oh say a day and a half at least!

Give in! you know you want them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Giving up chocolate for Lent this year, last year i gave up icecream but apparently its cheating when you give up icecream when you are lactose intolerant and cannot eat it in the first place....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭KieranKennedy

Won't be masturbating over the course of this lenten season, although not for religious reasons, I have been doing it a bit too much recently and my weener now has the appearance of a spicy salami

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Really? Im thinking of taking it up more. Im in training.

Must... resist... obvious... jokes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I think I'll give up listening to people who ask me what I'm giving up for lent. None of yer ferkin business!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm giving up Yore Ma

oh my you are hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

steo87 wrote: »
    oh my you are hilarious

likewise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

The recession

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Christianity.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was going to give up Lucozade but I realised that I have no willpower.

Instead I will take up jogging* and mocking my sister when she is in dire need of vodka but can't have it because she's giving it up.

*For one night only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've been trying to think of a witty one-liner for this thread ever since I saw the title roughly 57 seconds ago and I got nothing so... i'm giving up.

I honestly hate myself so much right now. The thing is, I know I'm a gimp but I still sorta want to post it. Ah **** it, what's the worst that can happen?
    I've been trying to think of a witty one-liner for this thread ever since I saw the title roughly 57 seconds ago and I got nothing so... i'm giving up.

I honestly hate myself so much right now. The thing is, I know I'm a gimp but I still sorta want to post it. Ah **** it, what's the worst that can happen?

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Christianity.

Seconded, this has been the convention for the last few years now:pac:
    Mind you, I could do without late nights...every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I'm still at a loss.

I usually try to take on something constructive in addition to giving up something frivolous . . . we'll see what comes to mind in the morning. Anything before you get ashed just doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tipptipp

black magic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I'm gonna try give up chocolate and take up jogging at least twice a week, went jogging today and going again tomorrow! Not bad so far... we'll see how long it lasts though, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labreya

I'm giving up not giving up.

For the duration of lent, I will be surrendering to others in any way, shape or form, that makes itself available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Im giving up smoking for lent in the hope it will lead to permanent giving them up. Wish me luck, Oh and gonna give up saying c u next tuesday, have an awful habit of using that word the last few months.

Well, I was thinking about giving up the grog for lent. It's only 40 days, isn't it?

BUT...

Then I remembered Paddy's day. Because we're Irish, do we have some kind of "Get out of Jail free card" for that one day? Early release, if you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Well, I was thinking about giving up the grog for lent. It's only 40 days, isn't it?

BUT...

Then I remembered Paddy's day. Because we're Irish, do we have some kind of "Get out of Jail free card" for that one day? Early release, if you will...

Yeh I always take a break from lent to get hammered for Paddy's day then add a day back on at the end....cheating I know but a harmless cheat:o

Papa Smut wrote: »

BUT...

Yeah St. Patrick's Day and all Sundays during Lent. And any family occasion or big night out with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lads should we not be taking up extra things instead of giving up things for lent???
    i mean this recession business is hard enough, but all these small pubs and shop owners over the next few weeks will be knackered??!!
    Should we not be eating an extr bag of crisps or bar of chocolate?
    Should we not get a short along with our pint at the weekends, see can we ride out this recession crap??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

It's a depressing enough time of year, this lent business. So I'm going to depress myself even more and give up Lucozade and alcohol. :pac:

Right. I'm gonna follow Zadkiels advise and add on a day.

Maybe add on a day.

40 nights, with no grog.

Marv.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nothing - I'm not 5.

...or did someone say that already?......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

janeybabe wrote: »
    Yeah St. Patrick's Day and all Sundays during Lent. And any family occasion or big night out with friends.

With rules like that you shouldn't bother with whole Lent thing so.

Fair play if you hit your goal but sure it doesn't realy mean anything with all those cheat days.

my post sounds like I'm looking down on you, not my intention. :)

mikemac wrote: »
    With rules like that you shouldn't bother with whole Lent thing so.

Fair play if you hit your goal but sure it doesn't realy mean anything with all those cheat days

It was a sarcastic reply suggesting that a lot of people go by those rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm not too good at picking up the sarcasm on posts :o

Anyway, all good so

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

white choc, i adore it so :(
    asked OH what he was giving up this morning and he said sex...gonna have to find it elsewhere then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm giving up masturbation. Self or otherwise. If that isn't a sacrifice I don't know what is. Oh and I'm givinv up coke and sweets and the likes. I will do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im giving picking my bellybutton for lint

Advertisement