Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"V" remake - pilot ordered?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

iguana wrote: »
    I loved Charles and Diana's wedding when I first saw it. How Lydia tried to poison her but Diana smelled her perfume and got Charles to drink from her cup. Then at the end when Lydia came to happily **** Charles, expecting Diana to be dead and she spun his chair around to see his lizardy corpse and Diana had her arrested. I also loved the episode second after that when Lydia was ejected screaming into space besides the corpse. I thought they were both really gruesome and showed Diana as such a kick ass uber-bitch. (I was 11/12)

Hate to disagree with ya but it wasn't Lydia who was shot off into space in the coffin with Charles' corpse. It was actually the woman at the perfume counter who sold Diana the poison. I think she sold in under the assumption Diana was going to kill stray cats in her apartment with it or something similariliy stupid. Lydia and Diana eventually came to an agreement and stitched the perfume counter woman up for the murder.

Incidentally much as the original series (a lot of people in Ireland still remember it as 5 part show) can be split into 'original' and 'the final battle', the 'awful' "TV series" can also be split in two for all intents and purposes

The TV show had 19 eps and can for all intents and purposes be considered 2 different shows. The first with 13 eps and the second with just 6. Lane Smith, Michael Ironside, Michael Wright and Blair Tefkin all left the show after ep 13 and the rest of the carried on with little or nothing to do storywise. Even the theme music of the show and opening credits changed at this point.

I think this flat ending goes some way to explain why even fans today hate the tv show so much. While the first 13 eps were never as good as the original series (or even The final battle) they were entertaining enough. The last 6 were just pointless garbage and imho is what left fans feeling dejected and dispondent about the whole experience.

(Incidentally, the last six are where a lot of the stupid crap that fans remember in a negative way started to appear eg Martins twin brother, the character "Oswald" and of course the two women 'cat-fighting' to the death with those cotton-bud things etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hate to disagree with ya but it wasn't Lydia who was shot off into space in the coffin with Charles' corpse. It was actually the woman at the perfume counter who sold Diana the poison. I think she sold in under the assumption Diana was going to kill stray cats in her apartment with it or something similariliy stupid. Lydia and Diana eventually came to an agreement and stitched the perfume counter woman up for the murder.

You're right, except it was Lydia she sold it to. They apparently had a cat problem because the cats came onto the motherships to eat the mice and birds the visitors ate. So fuçking stupid as (a) how the hell did the cats get onto the ships? and (b) why didn't the visitors eat the cats? :confused: And after the giant electrified cotton bud fight didn't clear either Lydia or Diana of Charles' murder they joined together to frame someone else, and chose her as she sold poison.

I just noticed now that the couple were called Charles and Diana. Do you think that is where David Icke got the idea that the British royal family are secretly lizards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just read back through the thread and noticed it hasn't been mentioned that Alan Tudyk will also be in the pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

bet she did it!

Check out June Chadwick (Lydia) today. http://www.mindpulse.com/users/lizlady/lizard3.htm She doesn't even look like the same person? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Apparently the pilot episode is going to be aired at Comic-Con International in San Diego tonight. Hopefully that means its only going to be a short wait before its aired on tv :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I saw the pilot at Comic Con in San Diego and think it looks quite promising. I'll definitely give it a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm still rather cynical (but i am about most things)....but i will watch it. Not keen on alot of the chosen cast though, run-of-the-mill z-list actors well past the sell-by date.

Jeez...lots of "-" in that posting :-) !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It starts off a little formulaic - everyone going about their morning routine, like most disaster movies - mother and son separated trying to get to eachother, loved up couple about to be engaged, etc. but the scene is well set and I think it'll be worth tuning in for a few episodes to see how it develops.

Advertisement