Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Spam, and spammer accounts

• 24-02-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I am seeing a lot of genuine threads looking for recommendations for products and dentists getting hijacked by spammers. You can identify them because they have only 2 or 3 posts all mentioning the same thing, same link etc.

To try and combat this the forum charter has been changed. Any recommendation made by a user with 50 or less posts or less than 2 months since sign up date will be deleted. I of course will use my discretion to try make this as fair as possible.

To the SPAMMERS....yes we can see that your are signing up multiple accounts. If you wish to advertise ask the site admins for advertising space.

Sorry to any user to whom I delete posts but this is so that recommendations are made by real people who have no interest monetary or otherwise in promoting a given product or service.

Thank you all for your support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement