Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weizenbock - Aventinus

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Places that sell decent beer.

In Dublin try the Porterhouse, The Bull & Castle, Redmond's of Ranelagh or Drink Store, for instance.

In Cork try the Abbot's Ale House or the Bierhaus.

In Galway try Harvest or Bierhaus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Its a regular one to be found in good beer places, also the Eis bock is worth trying, but it's not to ever ones taste

Yeah, I love Aventinus but didn't care for the Eisbock (similar label, but a small bottle) at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yeah, I love Aventinus but didn't care for the Eisbock (similar label, but a small bottle) at all.

I didn't like the Eisbock when I's previously (I think it was the 2005 batch) but I had the 2008 recently and went back and bought the last 3 bottles in The Abbott's !
    I think it's fantastic. Really well balanced with the alcohol very well integrated. And the flavour!!!

It really is nothing like the previous stuff - no chunky sediment and overpowering alcohol.

If you haven't tried the current batch, I urge you to do so (if there's any left!!).

Also got to try one from around 1996. It aged remarkably well with mellow chocolate and bovril flavours that lasted for ever.

I wonder was the 2005 batch that Eurobbers had a poor batch or had been badly treated somewhere along the line

Good enough for me. I'll try it again if I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

porterhouse north sell it.
    i think its 5.50€ a bottle i.e. its the same price as the other weissbiers on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Hi

I'm finding it hard to get me lamh on any Aventinus (esp. the Doppelbock) in Galway - anyone know and have personal experience with ordering cases of the stuff online? Or who the Irish importer is?

Cheers

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Is it yourself

You can buy online HERE
    and the Eisbock HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

You can buy online HERE
    and the Eisbock HERE

Thanks for the links, you know if they sell discounted cases of it, can't see any 'buy a case' button anywhere and the case deals listed for German brands doesn't list Aventinus ;(

Sure, I'll drop them a line!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm fairly sure i have seen Aventinus in the Bierhaus in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

jkforde wrote: »
    Hi

I'm finding it hard to get me lamh on any Aventinus (esp. the Doppelbock) in Galway
    Cheers

It's on the menu in the Salt House, although the last time I asked for it they didn't have it.

Advertisement