Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 10 [ 5 P.M. - 6 P.M.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

• 24-02-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭

From TV.com -
    Dubaku's attempt to flee the country is cut short when his decision to take his girlfriend along proves to be his undoing, and leads to a breakthrough for Jack and Renee. The moles within the FBI are uncovered when Chloe's decryption skills are put to the test by Sean who attempts a last-ditch effort to save himself.

What did you think of Day 7, Hour 10, 5 P.M. - 6 P.M.? 32 votes

0%
    12%
    Mossy MonkkaimeraTaco CorpeVeNtInE 4 votes
    37%
    teck-x5EglintonSherifuJosephsiodaleggoDavei141unreggdMr Velothewheel2.0#DanielTim131 12 votes
    18%
    BardMr ENeo#Xavi6MenaMr Freeze 6 votes
    25%
    Mountjoy MuggerJ-blkwhosedaddy?The DonDeepBluesilvineDon FaganThe Buster 8 votes
    3%
    DingDong 1 vote
    3%
    Elmo 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hmmm..... Mixed....

Started off well -
    excellent car chase and crash, half expected Dubako to go missing while they were getting Marika out of the car.

VERY sloppy of Jack to phone Larry with news that they had the file! Surely, in that scenario, Jack would have rung Chloe and ONLY Chloe (for all he knew, Larry could have been the mole...?)

The disappointing bit for me is an recurring theme. It's like the the last six or seven hours of the last series, where they tack something on to kill a few more hours, only this time they've done it at the start.

That said, I did like the last thirty seconds: is the Judge on of the infiltrees? And what is planned?

It's probably a safe bet that they're going to hit the White House, especally now that Ryan is going to be IN the White House when the attack happens...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Good episode.

Was a little surprised they had the memory stick thing impalnted in dubakus chest... because thats exactly like in season 2.

I cant help but feel Tony is gonna turn dirty somewhere, he just doesnt seem right.

Next week should be good now this whole dubaku stuff is out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Good episode. It was very up and down. I'm not sure about all the emotional parts but I can appreciate that they want to flesh out the characters a bit. I could see Sean was going to kill her as soon as he said that he loved her in the bathroom. Poor girl didn't see it coming. Jack giving the disk to the pilot, how could he trust him if all agencies were in on it? I practically laughed at some of the tech bits :rolleyes:

The chase was good and I really liked the end when Tony met with Jack. The music and evening colour tones worked really well. Reminded me of Rambo and Metal Gear Solid.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ok episode, next weeks is a double episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Sure such a little memory card survives a defibrillator no bother...

anyhow, ok episode.. I knew the Dubaku story would end very soon, but expected the rest of the day to be spent finding, fighting and killing the conspirators.
    But no instead they have Tony walking onto the scene David Caruso style announcing there is another attack planned by Tsuma in an hour... just like - oh well, we just noticed we have another 14 hours left - surely the audience won't find this odd.

at least they could have arrested that Ryan guy when he walks into the white house and under torture (by Renee :rolleyes: ) he confesses the other planned attack....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Double episode next week. Sweet! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It was good but I agree with others here: it started really strong and ended weak - the countdown part with Tony telling Jack that another attack was going to happen was very, very underwhelming by 24 standards...

I'm glad Sean got caught, for a minute there, I thought he might get away (the girlfriend was indeed toast when he was telling her it was all going to be ok - obvious from the very start). I wonder if we've seen the last of him, or if Jack will see fit to torture him for some more info - I doubt it though, it's most likely that they will now go after the senator's chief of staff guy...

Pissed off at El President too: Jack saves her bacon, her husband and the country (again!) and she'll "think" about him not getting thrown in jail for life? WTF? :)

I'm not disappointed with the first half (almost) of the season but now let's see if they can pull off the famous 24 mid-season twist: this is what separates the really good seasons from the crappy ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Don wrote: »
    I could see Sean was going to kill her as soon as he said that he loved her in the bathroom. Poor girl didn't see it coming.
    Yep, any mole that starts to panic in 24 doesn't have long to live. :D

It was satisfying to see Sean getting cornered like the rat he is.

In a way i'm glad they're not dragging out the Dubake storyline. It used to piss me off in the past that the bad guy always used to just slip away. And I don't find it hard to believe Juma has a backup plan. He's losing his country and needs to do something fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Thought this one wasn't up to this season's pretty high standards (for 24).
    Perhaps it was because it was a transition episode where one story arc gets wrapped up and we move on to setting up for the next one :confused:.

I fully expected the cliches where Dubaku escapes while Jack and FemBauer were helping Manika out of the car and also that Sean would slip out the gate just as Moss discovers he's the mole. Kudos to the writers for at least going different directions with those although I think they could have gotten more milage from Sean.

Jack seems to have lost a lot of his humanity this season. I guess that's so that FemBauer can act as his conscience but it doesn't seem to be the same Jack from previous seasons even though the events of Redemption would argue for Jack moving in the opposite direction i.e. that he'd be more reflective of his actions rather than seeming to be a total terrorist-whacking robot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Jack Bauer has another - even human - side ???? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I loved the episode. Best one for me so far this season. 10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

with all those guards available, i think some should be posted at the ctu fbi server rooms at this stage......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    with all those guards available, i think some should be posted at the ctu fbi server rooms at this stage......;)
    Well thats the logical thing to do! But pretty much all seasons would be screwed if the server rooms were monitored for once!

Good episode

Agree it wasnt great, but as was said, its prob cos its a transition episode

I cant believe they ever took Seans story seriously
    His framing was completely sloppy/stupid. And there wouldnt have been any of her prints on the gun

Clearly the next target is the white house

Still dno whats happenin with Tony. Would Jack not have wondered where Matobo's wife was?

G'wan the super-Chloe savin the day

Stupid pres still bein a prick to Jack!

How dare you save me and my husband and the country and pretty much the WORLD

I liked the human-ness crap this time

What happened to Marika was exactly what i predicted

If ye thought it was a crap episode, just remember: all of day 6 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Yeah, and no breaths! and they did the same when they were revivin Renee

Also, they never use any magic epinephrine on the civilians!!!
    <3 Chloe
    As always! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Really enjoyed it. 9/10

I like how they're acknowledging previous 24 cliches and moving away from them this season (i.e. the bad guys slipping away etc). Yes, there were some plotholes like Jack giving the chip to the pilot...but I can forgive them that as the idea was that they probably wanted you to think the helicopter would get shot down without Jack on it. They're keeping you guessing and it's making for a truly great season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

leggo wrote: »

I like how they're acknowledging previous 24 cliches and moving away from them this season (i.e. the bad guys slipping away etc).

What are you talking about? This already happened twice this season already! One of the times Dubaku slips away after the assualt to get the CP-whatever device. The device is destroyed but he just walks out the front door.

The second time,when they are going after Henry Taylor,Dubaku conveniently gets a call from his girlfriend's sister which means he has to leave and magically avoids the assualt on that hideout. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they still do it, its just not as obvious / stupid this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

Good ep, I really like the scene between Renee and Jack:
    "Next time you draw your weapon on me you'd better be prepared to use it"
    "I was"
    Way to go Renee!

Also thought Jack would flip and pin her against the wall when she drew up about Teri.

lukin wrote: »
    Also thought Jack would flip and pin her against the wall when she drew up about Teri.

Yeah, I thought he'd be more worked up about that, but he still seemed to push bein a robot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

****ing awesome episode.

top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

unreggd wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought he'd be more worked up about that, but he still seemed to push bein a robot

in fairness, it has been about 10 years storyline-wise. If she mentioned Audrey he'd probably have headbutted her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

in fairness, it has been about 10 years storyline-wise. If she mentioned Audrey he'd probably have headbutted her

Audrey is still alive though isn't she? Teri is still the "red button" as far as Jack is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was terrified Walker and Jack were going to kiss in the hospital when she was attacking his humanity-wouldn't work at all.

We usually move on to a new storyline but simply sticking with attacks on the US from Sangala whilst only upgrading the perp from Debaku to Duma seems a bit weak alright.

I think Sean was actually a decent Villan-might be more for him in this series.

Did anyone notic how much Taylor's daughter looks like her? It is freaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Good episode. Handing the chip over to the helicopter pilot was a little weak though. As for the tech bits according to 24 timeline this is sometime in the future. And it's 24!

And at least the terrorists didn't try to attack Los Angeles again!

Not sure if they'll be able to maintain it now. I mean is Juma just going to do exactly what Dubaku did and was the president's husband not a high-profile enough target??

I can see them bringing back in president Noah Daniels as head of the conspiracy or someoone who made a dodgy deal with Juma that went bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Good episode, but Jack telling Larry about the chip over the phone and giving the chip to a random helicopter pilot both seemed quite silly.

Tony turning up at the end of the episode was really well done, it actually distracted me from the fact that his appearance with a new plotline was very convenient!

I imagine Jack will have to take care of the Senator's aide at some stage, so the Senator will see for himself why Jack does what he does. Although 24 rarely wraps things up so nicely for Jack, so maybe not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

noodler wrote: »
    Did anyone notic how much Taylor's daughter looks like her? It is freaky.

Ha Ha. I thought the exact same thing when she first appeared in last weeks ep. It is indeed freaky but kudos to whoever cast her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

J-blk wrote: »

I'm glad Sean got caught, for a minute there, I thought he might get away (

Only catching up on these now - was it just me, or was Sean's attempted escape very "No Way Out" - even the music seemed a bit similar to the chase in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I see that Sky had a double episode for 6pm - 8pm :(

I watched at 1:05am on RTÉ TWO 6pm - 7pm AND since I didn't comment on 5pm - 6pm I am now put my comment here.

So does every episode of 24 have to defend toucher?

This is a very dissappointing season.

Jack: I though you could live with it get on with it
    FBI Agent: But Jack look what it has done to your life. Do you not feel anything, Jack?
    President: Look, FBI Agent, I used to disagree with Jack methods but lets face it if a few of our citizens have to go through a kick up the arse then I have no problem with it, at the end of the day there are many american Citizens that need a good kick up the arse so that they will realise how people are ready to blow them up, and isn't it better that they get a good kick up the arse from the Government then a terriorist bomb???
    FBI Agent: Your right.
    Jack: Good, I really didn't want to give you a kick up the arse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement