Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Might and magic 3 on WINUAE - Help Please

• 24-02-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all first post on the boards,

I just found out that I can play my beloved Might and Magic 3 Isles of Terra on my pc through WINUAE amiga emulator. Only problem is I can only load it so far.

I have Kickstarts 1.3 which is the one I need for the A500 (it works anyway) I also have all 7 of the MM3 disk files

Might&MagicIii(Play disc)_1of7.adf
    Might&MagicIii(Games disc)_2of7.adf
    Might&MagicIii(mm301)_3of7.adf
    Might&MagicIii(mm302)_4of7.adf
    Might&MagicIii(mm303)_5of7.adf
    Might&MagicIii(mm304)_6of7.adf
    Might&MagicIii(mm305)_7of7.adf

In order to get it to load to the title screen I have "Might&MagicIii(Play disc)_1of7.adf" in DF0 and "Might&MagicIii(Games disc)_2of7.adf" in DF1. I can get to title screen and it loads to the adventure screen but with no charactors and no view then asks for me to insert mm301 in DF0 which I do by pressing f12 and ejecting "Might&MagicIii(Play disc)_1of7.adf" and inserting "Might&MagicIii(mm301)_3of7.adf" when i go back into the game most times it says fatal error 01 not loaded or sometimes it tries to load then crashes.

Anyone who can shed any light on this would be much appreciated as I love this game and never finished on the amiga as my disc 5 was corrupted.

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Sounds like you could have a bad image... What I'd do is try different amiga configs like increasing the memory to 1mb, different kickstart etc and see if you have the same issue. I have this game myself so will give it a go later with the images I have to see if I have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 polyphony

Got it working using a diff set of images you were right. I do however now have another problem.

After several minutes gameplay the sound starts to glitch and pop and miss beats etc. Perfect when i start also as the game goes on the performance drops and the game becomes slower and more confused. I know its an amiga but come one lol.

What could be causing the sound to play up alsso could the sound problem be effecting gameplay as the two get progressively worse the more you play.

I have tried with 2 diff soundcards the onboard and the pro one i use for making music. Messed with buffer size etc but nothing seems to fix.

Thanks for havin a look anyway if you could help with sound would be very grateful.

Rich

Try increasing the sound buffer and set sound emulation to enabled rather then enabled 100% and see if you get the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

you could play the pc version instead no?
    Remember playing that game on the macintosh se/30 about 15 years ago. Class game. Didn't age well though. I played might and magic 9 a couple of years ago - really underrated game I think!

The sound would be better on the amiga although you would be simple enough to get it running thru Dosbox if you wanted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement