Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet-up info for Sunday's final in London

Options
  • 24-02-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Alright Ronan, any particular pubs picked out in London/ around wembley on Sunday?
    Not a clue where to be going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Alright Ronan, any particular pubs picked out in London/ around wembley on Sunday?
    Not a clue where to be going.

Talk of heading to Stanmore which a few stops north of Wembley Mark, myself and Shane will be in the Baker Street area early doors, might grab a bit of brekkie around 10 then see what happens? There's a gang of lads off another board heading to a boozer there. I think I'll have Hatch99 with me as well, we're on the same flight. We might just end up staying in Baker Street area then heading up to the ground early doors, I don't want to spend ages in a boozer then have to rush to Wembley for kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

think I'll have Hatch99 with me as well, we're on the same flight. We might just end up staying in Baker Street area then heading up to the ground early doors, I don't want to spend ages in a boozer then have to rush to Wembley for kick off.

You guys are succeeding it making me jealous :0

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Sorry about that oppiguy.

Ronan-I am staying in paddington so dependant on how morning goes might join you for a few if you let me know boozer.
    Want to get to ground early myself and have a look around club wembley, have a jar in there too. Myself and Hatch are on same flights coming home at 9.00 from gatwick so with the tube issues and possibility of et and pens we could be pushing it.hope we can win it in the 90 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Talk of heading to Stanmore which a few stops north of Wembley Mark, myself and Shane will be in the Baker Street area early doors, might grab a bit of brekkie around 10 then see what happens? There's a gang of lads off another board heading to a boozer there. I think I'll have Hatch99 with me as well, we're on the same flight. We might just end up staying in Baker Street area then heading up to the ground early doors, I don't want to spend ages in a boozer then have to rush to Wembley for kick off.

Yep Im on the same flight as you alrite. Im up for a bit of breakie and a pint early doors wherever you fancy. Im meeting a couple of other lads over there too( they have my ticket ), not sure if Im meeting them in Central London or around Wembley yet !!

Will want to get to the ground early enough, to enjoy the whole experience, as I aint been to Wembley before.

Mullo, fingers crossed we do them in 90. I think I have your mobile number from before so we can sort something for after the game if ye like. We need to make sure that we have the quickest route sorted to get back to Gatwick, Ronan mentioned a route to me on another thread, have'nt checked yet though to see if its effected by the works.

Think we need to get on the jubilee line to greenpark, then switch to the victoria line to victoria and hop on express. still could be a rush. If you havent my no give me a shout before sat and I will text it on to you.

• Advertisement

Think we need to get on the jubilee line to greenpark, then switch to the victoria line to victoria and hop on express. still could be a rush. If you havent my no give me a shout before sat and I will text it on to you.

Sounds fine with me. The worst part of it will probably be getting on the tube at Wembley, with all the crowds etc...although from what Iv heard, they police it very well. We will need to be on our toes after the game.

Make sure to check in on line before you go, will save time at the Gatwick !!

Just checked, have your mobile number.

Good stuff, just checked again and the bakerloo line is only disrupted before 12 and after 8. If you can manage to get on a tube there its 35 min to victoria (change to victoria line at oxford) and another 35 mins on the express. Anyway I will all tickets bought and checked in before leaving. Not taking any chances.

Good stuff, just checked again and the bakerloo line is only disrupted before 12 and after 8. If you can manage to get on a tube there its 35 min to victoria (change to victoria line at oxford) and another 35 mins on the express. Anyway I will all tickets bought and checked in before leaving. Not taking any chances.

Sound, good man.

Just tidying things up a bit lads, few posts being moved around.

Mark, that's coming from Wembley Central you're planning? Just bear in mind, Wembley Central is a longer walk from the ground than Wembley Park station, think there might be 10 minutes extra in it.

My advice would be:

Wembley Park - Baker Street Metropolitan Line
    Baker Street - Oxford Circus Bakerloo Line
    Oxford Circus - Victoria Victoria Line

I've checked TFL's journey planner and it says there's four Met Line tubes every 10 minutes or so. Journey will take 28 minutes.

• Advertisement

Mark, that's coming from Wembley Central you're planning? Just bear in mind, Wembley Central is a longer walk from the ground than Wembley Park station, think there might be 10 minutes extra in it.

My advice would be:

Wembley Park - Baker Street Metropolitan Line
    Baker Street - Oxford Circus Bakerloo Line
    Oxford Circus - Victoria Victoria Line

I've checked TFL's journey planner and it says there's four Met Line tubes every 10 minutes or so. Journey will take 28 minutes.
    itd a 15 min walk rather than 10 I think, was more thinking that I might get on a train there quicker as its slightly further away. any ideas?

itd a 15 min walk rather than 10 I think, was more thinking that I might get on a train there quicker as its slightly further away. any ideas?

No idea Mark, we did it in and out of Wembley Park last year, dropped us right on the edge of Wembley Way (Olympic Way they call it now :() for the walk up. According to this the Club Wembley main entrance is over that side of the stadium as well, though they have two other entrances on the east and west sides.

You're right about the time, 15mins to Central vs 10mins to Park.

I think I'll go with Wembley Park, Jubilee Line to Green Park, then Vic Line to Victoria. Only 1 change over , approx 31 mins.

Once Im on the flight home with a win in the bag I could'nt give a fiddlers what way I get there ;)

yeah, think that looks the best hatch. hopefully we do them in 90 and have time for a few in airport on the way home..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just got word i have a ticket. dirty toute is charging 3 times face value but i cant turn it down.

keane=cock wrote: »
    just got word i have a ticket. dirty toute is charging 3 times face value but i cant turn it down.

If that's in the Spurs end you have got a very good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kev67

Hi guys,this is my first visit to the forum.Ronan might remember me, we met after the everton game on way home at stanstead and sat beside eachother on way home to dub.The thing is im one of the lucky few to get a ticket for Sun. and was hoping to meet up for a few beers and sing song before hand.Im staying not to far fom wembley in the sis in laws in wimbledon.

Kev67 wrote: »
    Hi guys,this is my first visit to the forum.Ronan might remember me, we met after the everton game on way home at stanstead and sat beside eachother on way home to dub.The thing is im one of the lucky few to get a ticket for Sun. and was hoping to meet up for a few beers and sing song before hand.Im staying not to far fom wembley in the sis in laws in wimbledon.

Do remember you mate, only saw your number in my phone the day before yesterday! Give me a text or call Sunday morning after 10 and we should have some idea what we'll be up to, still no definite plans made.

Lads, on a side note, how much was the programme for last years cup final v Chelsea. I have to get a few for different people so just want to have an idea as to how much they will rip me off for !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, on a side note, how much was the programme for last years cup final v Chelsea. I have to get a few for different people so just want to have an idea as to how much they will rip me off for !!

think it was £6

• Advertisement

yiddo wrote: »
    think it was £6

Cheers, good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

If that's in the Spurs end you have got a very good deal.

no united end but still surely i can keep my mouth shut for an hour and a half. ill have no lips left ill be biting that hard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

My slim chance of a ticket is all but gone i'd say at this stage,just want to wish those of ye that are going the best of luck on your jurneys.hopefully next sunday/monday we will be posting on here about a famous win just like last year..C.O.Y.S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

yeah, think that looks the best hatch. hopefully we do them in 90 and have time for a few in airport on the way home..

Just one other option is the overground service from London Marylebone to Wembley Stadium - One stop (the nearest station to the ground). I did not use it myself last year but others that did said it was very well organised after the match. I will probably use it before the match.

Marylebone is on the Bakerloo line so for Victoria change at Oxford Circus.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/plan-your-journey/getting-to-wembley-stadium/

Whatever you do - Enjoy!

Advertisement