Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone with SE HCB 700

Options
  • 24-02-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is anybody out there using the Sony Ericsson bluetooth car kit - HCB-700 with the iPhone? Just wondering if they work ok together - and if by any chance the kit can get access to the iPhone address book?

Cheers,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

My wife has that kit in her car. I will sync my iPhone up to it later and let you know. I did this ages ago and I know that they will connect ok but I can't remember if it worked with the phonebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks Cetxx,

Could be a deal breaker in going for an iPhone - the HCB 700 is a great kit - so don't want to go changing that.

My guess is that the call register works - with names against numbers, but have my doubts about being able to access the iPhone address book
    Celtxx wrote: »
    My wife has that kit in her car. I will sync my iPhone up to it later and let you know. I did this ages ago and I know that they will connect ok but I can't remember if it worked with the phonebook.

Hi Keith,

I gave this a quick try last night, and as I expected, it will not sync with the iPhones address book. I know that this particular car kit is very fussy about which phones it will work fully with.

I have a Parrot CK3200 in my own car and it syncs perfectly with my iPhone but I know it would be a bit much to rip out your own kit just for that reason.

You might just have to buy a Sony ericsson phone!

Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks for that Richard - thought it might not alright - did it do last dialled call list do you know?

Or wonder if it does the voice tagging?
    Celtxx wrote: »
    Hi Keith,

I gave this a quick try last night, and as I expected, it will not sync with the iPhones address book. I know that this particular car kit is very fussy about which phones it will work fully with.

I have a Parrot CK3200 in my own car and it syncs perfectly with my iPhone but I know it would be a bit much to rip out your own kit just for that reason.

You might just have to buy a Sony ericsson phone!

Richard

The last dialled numbers do appear, but the names don't. Also I don't know about the voice tags to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I have the HCB-700 and it connects with the Iphone 4 without a problem. However it does not sync with the phonebook and interestingly will provide caller information intermittently.

Cannot figure out why it works sometimes but not others.

There is no issue with voice dialing and I find the IOS5 software a lot better for recognizing the Irish accent!

Also alllows digit diialling without a problem.

The HCB-700 allows you to customise to your voice as well which I do every so often.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement